Fongo $4.95 Home Phone Fee

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.
vannyi
Just Passing Thru

Fongo $4.95 Home Phone Fee

Post by vannyi »

Fongo charges $4.95 as a monthly fee for their home phone service and as I understand it, this is to cover 911 fees, regulatory fees and taxes

If I just port my number to Fongo and use their app on my cell phone, there is no monthly fee.

I'm just wondering why Fongo doesn't charge a monthly fee in this case, wouldn't they still have to collect the 911 fee, regulatory fees and taxes (not that I'm complaining).

Thank you
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Fongo $4.95 Home Phone Fee

Post by Jake »

The app is ad supported, so maybe that evens things out. This is also true for the FreePhoneLine (another part of the Fongo family) desktop app.

FreePhoneline also allows you to buy an unlock key for $50 (a one time charge), without any monthly fee.

So you can see there is several different routes you can take using their services, all a little different with different advantages / disadvantages.
imnovayu
Just Passing Thru

Re: Fongo $4.95 Home Phone Fee

Post by imnovayu »

I understand those difference. But compare with Freephoneline's $50 one time charge, is $4.95 monthly charge too high? wondering if anybody will still go with Fongo home phone if they know they can get same thing with $50 one time charge.