Number Porting Messed UP

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.

Number Porting Messed UP

Postby amitmeh » 05/29/2009

Hi guys,

I ported my Bell number to FPL. Everything seemed ok but when I make outgoing calls, the other party receives a "416-642-0882" number on their caller id rather than my ported number. I confirmed this using my cell phone.

However sometimes my ported (correct) number appears. Can the moderator inform the customer service about this problem?

Girish
amitmeh
Quiet One

Re: Number Porting Messed UP

Postby fplcontrol » 06/02/2009

Girish,

Have you verified that all the settings were changed once you ported over to FPL?

Is 416 number the one you had with FPL prior to porting?

-Chris
fplcontrol
Just Passing Thru

Postby amitmeh » 06/02/2009

Prior to porting, I had a 416-367-73XX number. After the porting, sometimes the previously mentioned number appear on the party's caller id. But sometimes my correct number (ported) number appears.

Now an "Unknown Number" is also observed.

I check and re-checked my settings over and over again. Can't seem to find anything wrong.

If there was a mistake in my settings, only one number should constantly appear on the party's caller id.

I'd bet it's something on your end! Hope you resolve this problem soon!
amitmeh
Quiet One

Postby fplcontrol » 06/05/2009

Girish,

Sometimes Unknown Number will appear regardless of who your provider is. Even on a hard line this may occur from time to time.

I would like to take a closer look at the backend of your account.

Can you send an e-mail to support@freephoneline.ca and put "Attention Chris" in the subject line?

Please include your old freephoneline number as well as your full number you ported in the e-mail.

-Chris
fplcontrol
Just Passing Thru

Postby mikesphone » 06/25/2009

The problem you have is not due to porting, it is just the FPL system in general.

I've been using FPL since it was fairly new, and have it forwarded to my cell for incoming calls.

I would say about half the time the incoming caller's number is correct, 25% of the time it says the call is coming from 416-642-0882, and the other 25% it's Private Number.... Like if I call from my landline or other cell to FPL # forwarded to cell phone 100 times one after another, it would be a scattered result of Real phone number, 416-642-0882, and Private. So it's definitely not a reliable service, but for free I wouldn't count on anything more. It serves its purpose for my uses, but if correct caller ID is important to you, I would avoid it.

Mike
mikesphone
One Hit Wonder

Return to General Discussions