Linksys SPA-3102 outbound call dials wrong number?

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.
Anonymooser002
Just Passing Thru

Linksys SPA-3102 outbound call dials wrong number?

Post by Anonymooser002 »

I picked up a Linksys SPA-3102 and spent a few hours setting it up. I did a test call to a number XXX-XXX-6006, which was supposed to be my cellphone; I could hear the outbound call ringing, but my cellphone wasn't ringing, so I thought that was weird. Then a minute later I got a call back from XXX-XXX-6600. So somewhere along the line, the number I dialed was altered, and someone unexpected received my call.

Any thoughts?

I checked firmware, and it seems to be the latest version (5.2.13).
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Linksys SPA-3102 outbound call dials wrong number?

Post by Jake »

The first thing that comes to mind is you dialled the wrong number, but I am sure you thought of that. Did you check the redial on the phone though to check?

I would look in the online call logs to see what number was called, it might tell you something.

The other thing would be to check the dial plan. It could be there is something weird in there and messing things up.

Try the call again and see what happens.
Anonymooser002
Just Passing Thru

Re: Linksys SPA-3102 outbound call dials wrong number?

Post by Anonymooser002 »

Jake wrote:The first thing that comes to mind is you dialled the wrong number, but I am sure you thought of that. Did you check the redial on the phone though to check?

I would look in the online call logs to see what number was called, it might tell you something.

The other thing would be to check the dial plan. It could be there is something weird in there and messing things up.

Try the call again and see what happens.
Hi Jake, thanks for the reply. I think it's because I did a call before I finished setting up the rest of the recommended settings. I did some more testing and it seems to be working now.