Voicemail

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.
wwooda
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.3.3
ISP Name: Xplornet - WiFi
Computer OS: XP
Router: Dlink DIR-655

Voicemail

Post by wwooda »

I have just installed a HT-502. The device works great.
When I get notification of a voicemail via email I see the phone line light on the unit blinking as it should and get an intermittent dial tone as expected. I can listen to the voicemail on my computer using an MP3 player. All is wonderful....except, how do I pick up messages with my phone handset and how to I record a greeting. I can find no documentation. I tried the old Bell *98 command to no avail.

Thanks,
alvin
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Voicemail

Post by Jake »

*98 should work, but failing that dial your own number and you will be directed to your voicemail.

I'm sure it is just a setting inside the ATA to make *98 work, but I am not familiar with that ATA.
wwooda
Just Passing Thru

Post by wwooda »

Thank Jake. Careful inspection of my phone reveals the * and # keys are reversed....go figure!
wwooda
Just Passing Thru

Post by wwooda »

Further to my original post: *98 gets me connected to my voicemail box and I hear the voice, "you have 1 new message, listen to voice messages press 1.....". I can press 1 all day and get no response. "Personal options, press 3" and "Exit press *" do not work either. If I call the local voicemail number with my cell phone and enter my mailbox from there, all commands work as expected. Is there something in my local ATA configuration I'm missing?
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

It is probably your DTMF settings. Take a look in your ATA and see if you can change it.

I don't have a HT502 so I can't point you in the right direction but I bet there is a setting in there somewhere.