SWITCH FROM FREE PHONE LINE

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.
kraza01
Quiet One

SWITCH FROM FREE PHONE LINE

Post by kraza01 »

Hello all ,
I Just come to know that , any one can bring his/her existing number to FPL but once in any case you decide to switch from free phone line number to any other phone provider , currently its not possible, means you can bring your number to FPL but once it transfer to them you can not take it back to any one els, so please take this fact in mind before switching/porting your existing number.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: SWITCH FROM FREE PHONE LINE

Post by FONGO_kris »

Where did you hear about this? Because ever since we started porting numbers, you have been able to switch to/from as you please.

It is against the CRTC's regulations to hold your number & disallow you to port it to another company.

Whoever told you this must have been mistaken.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
Savario
Active Poster

Post by Savario »

Really?

What if you didn't have a phone # to begin with, started with a FPL generated number, then decided to move it to somewhere else like Bell or Rogers?
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Post by FONGO_kris »

Unfortunately not. The numbers we provide are part of a specific set, ie. Toronto is 647-367-XXXX; We own those 647-367 (NPA-NXX) digits.

The simplest way to put it, is if you port your number into FPL, you can port it out etc.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
kraza01
Quiet One

Post by kraza01 »

On Aug 14 I have made a request to port my number to FPL and during the conversation i asked this question , "what if decide to switch my number again from FPL to some body else " the answer was no,FPL is not currently offering this service" but i am glad after reading one of the Admin, KRIS 's reply that , one can transfer out any number if its not initially issued by FPL. (Finally as per my understanding, in my case the number i am porting In to FPl , I can take it back to any body else, ITS GREAT, if this is correct ). Thanks to Admin and all of you for joining this issue.
kraza01
Quiet One

Post by kraza01 »

Smoother and On Time Port out Process
Today one of my number got ported out from FPL (that i previously ported to FPL). I want to say thanks to FPL team for providing a nice as well as a smooth on time port out process to my other provider.
I am still enjoying FPL phone service on my second line.
Thanks Again.