Bluetooth Desktop App Cell Phone Linkage

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.
mikeymackinon
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Zingotel
Firmware Version: KitKat
ISP Name: Teksavvy - R
Computer OS: Win 8
Router: SMC

Bluetooth Desktop App Cell Phone Linkage

Post by mikeymackinon »

Hi

I have a Bluetooth adapter connected to my desktop. I have an old cell phone with no carrier no sim. If I use my Wifi / Bluetooth can I use my desktop app or Fongo mobile app to send and receive calls? The phone is a Skyrocket SII Lte Android (KitKat) and the Usb to Bluetooth 710-0114 Telo from Motorola. If the software will allow it should be possible, my main issue is why it the Fongo app and desktop unable to communicate, why do I required different numbers?

Thanks
markowen369
One Hit Wonder

Re: Bluetooth Desktop App Cell Phone Linkage

Post by markowen369 »

You have to pay to move the phone number from the desktop to the mobile... I think $5.00 as for the rest haven't a clue. Isn't the 710-0114 the Ooma adapter. Why not use the Wireless Cell Phone with the app register a new number on the home Wifi... If someone call the other number you can always call the inbox and retrieve the message... migrate off the desktop app and phase out the un needed telephone number?
awla.tmg
One Hit Wonder

Post by awla.tmg »

I have seen an adapter with use of an app it allows you to redirect the cell number to a home phone but still use the same phone number not sure if the hardware can be hacked the fongo app would need to be reworked and or a 3rd party app eg open source it eg. My cell phone 555-121-2121 flip to home mode now I can send and receive calls from my kitchen phone on the wall, when I leave it goes back to the cell plus I didn’t drop the call

Blog One Number
http://goo.gl/4hvLp8

Rogers Phone Adapter
http://goo.gl/lGaUKj

Mediatrix 4102S WiFI
http://goo.gl/35J3If
stevethebeav
One Hit Wonder

Post by stevethebeav »

markowen369 wrote:You have to pay to move the phone number from the desktop to the mobile... I think $5.00 as for the rest haven't a clue. Isn't the 710-0114 the Ooma adapter. Why not use the Wireless Cell Phone with the app register a new number on the home Wifi... If someone call the other number you can always call the inbox and retrieve the message... migrate off the desktop app and phase out the un needed telephone number?
Needs to have an active carrier in order for it to work will not authenticate does not end or replace the phone number only helps with vm and ld
mikeymackinon
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Zingotel
Firmware Version: KitKat
ISP Name: Teksavvy - R
Computer OS: Win 8
Router: SMC

Post by mikeymackinon »

Call forwarding features have allowed me to use both phone numbers, I got lucky and they are only one digit adapt but yes a bluetooth ad on would be nice. I want to use the app on an old cell phone for my mom a make shift Voip phone by use of recycle electronics.

Thanks for all help keep the info coming.