Fongo on Blackberry - Impressive.

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.
DavidElsey
Just Passing Thru

Fongo on Blackberry - Impressive.

Post by DavidElsey »

I installed the Fongo Blackberry app (from Blackberry World) on my Q10 (Model: SQN100-1 OS:10.2.1.2941 NB) 10.2.1 or higher is required and it works absolutely seamlessly. Voice and Audio tones are great and I've been calling friends in BC - just because I can!! I don't call them often enough to have a LD plan via Bell so this makes for the perfect solution. They are also not at all computer savvy and after trying to explain how I'd called them - they concluded 'well it works just fine here'.

If the user who emailed asking for this review reads this (ml19**) I can see no reason why it wouldn't work just as well on the Q5. Before buying the Q5 though (discounted or not) you might take a look at Crackberry.com - where the reviews on the Q5 are not 100% favourable.
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

Re: Fongo on Blackberry - Impressive.

Post by mh1983 »

Great, thanks so much for your reply and comments on the BB10 app performance! I appreciate it!

Another question: how's the incoming call performance in WiFi? I ask because my older Android doesn't always ring (WiFi sleep issue that I've spent a lot of time trying to troubleshoot).

Thanks again!