Are there any issues in call forwarding my phone number?

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.
carmendixon
Just Passing Thru

Are there any issues in call forwarding my phone number?

Post by carmendixon »

I hate to feel so skeptical but you always hear when something seems to good, there's usually a catch.

I'd really like to eliminate the $30/month I pay for my home phone. If I ported my home phone number to Fongo, I could then set up call forwarding to redirect it to one of my cell numbers for free?

1. Would there be any issues in doing this?
2. Does Fongo charge for every minute of talk time that is call forwarded to another line?

I'm just kind of shocked because with this setup, they wouldn't make any monthly income other than the original number being ported over to them.

Thank you
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Re: Are there any issues in call forwarding my phone number?

Post by bridonca »

I cannot think of any real catch when it comes to Fongo call forwarding. As long as the number you forward to is in one of Fongo's free calling areas, the forwarding will be for free.

The best way to find out how Fongo works is to get a free Fongo account set up, and try out the forwarding feature for yourself. You will get an new number from Fongo. When you are happy with the service, you can then decide if you want to pay extra to port your old number over.

Fongo make a tiny amount of money from incoming calls. It is is not much, just fractions of pennies, but with enough users, it adds up. Running a VOIP enterprise does not have to require large amounts of capital, and Fongo also offers other services that do help with the bottom line.