Help with account recovery

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.

Help with account recovery

Postby nealyak2011 » 11/10/2015

I was wondering if anyone can help me figure this out.

A long time ago, in 2009, I signed up for a freephoneline.ca number. I used the number to receive voicemails that would be forwarded to my gmail account. I mainly used the number for consumer websites etc. It was a telemarketer avoidance strategy. And it worked well.

For some reason of late this does not work anymore. I have forgotten my password. I cannot login to my account, cannot password recover. It seems to have not heard of my email address. I know the email address is correct. Did they change something in the last 6 months or so. Are the numbers no longer free.

Thanks in advance,
neal

Though
nealyak2011
Just Passing Thru

Re: Help with account recovery

Postby lustucru » 11/10/2015

A free account (without an unlock key) will be automatically deleted after 90 days of inactivity.
lustucru
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-286
Firmware Version: 1.1.0.45
ISP Name: Bell Fibe 300/300
Computer OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bits
Router: Bell hub 1000
Smartphone Model: Moto E
Android Version: Android 6.0

Postby nealyak2011 » 11/11/2015

huh! okay thanks for that. I wonder when that policy was implemented. I barely used the number and would every so often get a voice mail on it. I wonder if it finally went 90 days without a voicemail and then expired. Oh well, it was good while it lasted. Are they still handing out free numbers? I guess I should do some research and see if its possible to get a number without strings as before

Thanks for your reply lustucru!
nealyak2011
Just Passing Thru

Postby Jake » 11/11/2015

The cancellation policy has always been there, I don't think they really enforced early on though. I had accounts go for a year or so with no activity without being reclaimed.

If you put any sort of money on the account, then it should be safe from deletion. So if you get a number you like then $5 world credits should hold it good.

And yes of course they still give out free numbers, that has not changed. You have a choice of FPL to use the desktop app, or Fongo to use the mobile app. Either gives you a free number with the same free calling areas.

This is the FAQ on reclaiming accounts if you are interested https://support.fongo.com/entries/53638 ... t-deleted- This wasn't there in 2009, they have got themselves a lot more organised since then.
Jake
Technical Support

Return to General Discussions