Fongo ATA

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.

Fongo ATA

Postby mohnashaat » 01/18/2016

A friend is asking a question: he had a home fongo phone, i think the one woth monthly fees, he receved his Grandstream ATA configured, he used it for a certain time, then decided to change the voice provider, so he ported his number to another provider,

So what about the information on the ATA ?, is it blocked ? if he get a free number and bought the key can he use it ?
mohnashaat
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Linksys spa-3102
ISP Name: ADSL Acanac
Router: D-Link DIR-615
Smartphone Model: HTC Wildfire S

Re: Fongo ATA

Postby Jake » 01/19/2016

He probably paid for the ATA in the 'set up fees'. As far as I know they don't lock the ATA in anyway, so if he has not been asked for the ATA back then he should be good to do what he wants with it.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby mohnashaat » 01/19/2016

I connected it to the internet, the 4 LEDs are on, as if it is registered, but when i tried to make a call it said, not a valid account or something like that, i tried to login on the ATA, it needs a password, i tried (admin) with no sucess, it is a grandstream 701,
mohnashaat
Active Poster

Postby Jake » 01/20/2016

Well, if you (your friend) no longer have a paid subscription with Fongo Home Phone, I wouldn't expect you to be able to make calls. If he ported his number out, the account was probably closed anyway. The username inside the ATA would have been the phone number, but since it is not in the Fongo network anymore it would not have been valid.

Assuming I have understood you correctly, the best way forward from here is to factory reset the ATA and see if you can get in then. If you can buy an unlock key from FPL and set it up.

If you ask they might give you the login details for the ATA, but I think I would just factory reset it so I know I was back to square one.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby mohnashaat » 01/20/2016

Ok, my friend give to me to check out qhat we can do. So i will factory reset .
I know the account is now not valid, but how is it registered (all LEDs) were on.

Thank you
mohnashaat
Active Poster

Postby Jake » 01/20/2016

I believe that just means that the ATA is able to register with the SIP server (register, as in able to connect or speak to). When you try and make a call it then tries to authenticate, but fails obviously.
Jake
Technical Support

Return to General Discussions