Lost phone or new phone

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.

Lost phone or new phone

Postby caroljoyce » 12/28/2016

What happens if I lose my cell phone? How do I disable Fongo on the lost phone and set up my account with same # on new phone?
caroljoyce
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Android
Firmware Version: 4.4.2
ISP Name: Rogers Hi Speed
Computer OS: Vista

Re: Lost phone or new phone

Postby Jake » 12/30/2016

I would have thought that if you change your password, then the old app won't be able to log in any more. Then just set up and log in on your new device.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby caroljoyce » 01/01/2017

That makes sense if by changing your password on a PC locks you out of the app on the old phone. I am always logged in on my phone. That's my main concern.

Thanks Jake.
caroljoyce
Just Passing Thru

Postby Jake » 01/01/2017

Well I have some bad news :(

I had to update my email address on my account so I thought I would test it out. I changed the email address and was still able to log in on my iPad. In the account settings it is still showing the old email address.
Next I changed my password, and again I could still open the app and make calls without changing anything.

Maybe Fongo staff could chime in here, this seems like a bit of an issue.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby caroljoyce » 01/02/2017

Yeah, that's not good. You might want to try logging out of the app, then changing your email address or password on the website.

But we still have the lost phone problem. Anybody??????
caroljoyce
Just Passing Thru

Postby Liptonbrisk » 01/04/2017

Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Postby caroljoyce » 01/06/2017

Support says to contact them if you lose your phone and they will disable the account. Can't get any more info from them.
Would like to know if you can set up your account on the new phone with the same phone # and can you have your credits transferred.
caroljoyce
Just Passing Thru

Postby Liptonbrisk » 01/06/2017

caroljoyce wrote:Support says to contact them if you lose your phone and they will disable the account. Can't get any more info from them.
Would like to know if you can set up your account on the new phone with the same phone # and can you have your credits transferred.

It's just an account. Device doesn't matter. There's nothing to transfer. You can log into your Fongo Mobile account or you can't.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

Postby caroljoyce » 01/06/2017

Liptonbrisk...If you can't answer my questions directly, please stay off the thread. You're not helpful.
caroljoyce
Just Passing Thru

Postby Liptonbrisk » 01/06/2017

caroljoyce wrote:Liptonbrisk...If you can't answer my questions directly, please stay off the thread.

I have answered your question previously.

Yes, you can set up "your [existing] account on [a] new phone." Since the account is exactly the same, you'll have the same Fongo phone number and credits.

The device doesn't matter, with the exception noted here about the Apple app store (iOS): https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/arti ... e-devices-. People have switched devices using the same Fongo Mobile account. There is nothing to transfer. Credits remain with the account--not the device.

If you're asking if you can close an account and then transfer your credits and number to a new account, only support staff can assist
you with that request. Asking questions on these forums about your account or lost device is pointless, unless Fongo Support replies here. No one else has access to your account. However, support staff are not obliged to respond on the forums.The best approach is to submit a ticket, which is why I posted the link (or send a PM to Fongo Support and hope Fongo Support responds).

You're not helpful.

I will certainly never respond to you again.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

Postby caroljoyce » 01/09/2017

Good! Support says that when you contact them...they will disable the account then enable it again with same phone #.
Has anyone out there lost their phone and gone through this?
caroljoyce
Just Passing Thru

Return to General Discussions