incoming calls

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.

incoming calls

Postby Checkfx » 01/21/2017

Is a person on a cell phone or a hard line calling me in the same city where my number is active , will that person have some fees on their phone bill ?
Checkfx
Just Passing Thru

Computer OS: linux,android
Router: Dlink

Re: incoming calls

Postby bridonca » 01/22/2017

On most phone plans, there is no charge in calling a local Fongo number. If there are charges, it is usually because the carrier's phone plan charges for local calls.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Postby Checkfx » 01/22/2017

ok ! Another question plz !

at this page : https://www.fongo.com/calling/free/

for a fongo user it's all local that i understand !

But let say im in drummondville,qc and some one from alberta that IS IN the list of local area for fungo , call me from his telephone provider ... is it still a local call ?
Checkfx
Just Passing Thru

Postby Jake » 01/22/2017

That list is only referring to outgoing calls that YOU make. It has nothing to do with incoming calls which will be charged by the person's telco.

If they want to call you for free, get them on Fongo! :)
Jake
Technical Support

Postby Checkfx » 01/24/2017

okay i see but you confirm that if the person is in the same city where i live, thei're telco wont charge them cause they call me on fongo ? right ?

Cause ok it's perfect to call free ...but if nobody can call you cause it's long distance ... it's not so good !
Checkfx
Just Passing Thru

Postby Jake » 01/25/2017

No, I would say the other telco will almost always charge the other person for making a call.

The only exception to this would be is if they had free calls built into their plan.

If they have free local calls, as many of the plans do, then it will depend on what exchange they are on, not what city/town you are in.
For example, if your phone number was 514-872-XXXX then all these numbers would be considered 'local' to you http://localcallingguide.com/lprefix.php?exch=171610

You have to think of your Fongo number as a normal landline number. If the other person would normally call long distance to your number (for example if your number was 613-580-XXXX), then it will be long distance no matter who your telco is.

If you can provide your first 6 numbers of your phone number, and the first 6 numbers of the number that will be calling you I might be able to give you a better example.

I have a feeling that from your posts the number you have been given for Montreal might be outside of the other person's 'local' calling area. Again, if you can provide the numbers then I can give you a better idea of the areas these numbers are in.
Jake
Technical Support

Return to General Discussions