Cisco Linksys PAP2T NA VOIP ADAPTER

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.

Cisco Linksys PAP2T NA VOIP ADAPTER

Postby wonderdollar » 06/28/2017

Hi,

I am a satisfied user of Freephoneline for past many years. Presently I have Grandstream Adapter. Now I want to order another VOIP unlock key as I am taking one more phone line. I see this Unlock Cisco Linksys PAP2T NA VOIP ADAPTER on Kijiji and the seller states that it works with Freephoneline and other VOIP providers.

I just want to confirm if some one has this ADAPTER and if it works with Freephoneline without any problem.

Thanks in advance.
wonderdollar
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT287
ISP Name: ROGERS CABLE
Computer OS: Windows 7 Professional
Router: ROGERS CGN2-ROG

Re: Cisco Linksys PAP2T NA VOIP ADAPTER

Postby mh1983 » 06/29/2017

I haven't used it personally, but looks like it'd ultimately work with FPL. Search the forums for PAP2T and see what people say. THere should be a crowdsourced config guide, too.

Others will likely jump in and suggest Obihai stuff instead.
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

Postby Jake » 06/29/2017

The PAP2T is the only ATA I have ever used with my FPL account. It has never let me down and although I know it is pretty dated now it does what I want it to do.

If I was to buy another ATA I would not buy another however, I would get something a bit more up to date. Unless it is super cheap or the second line was not so important, I would go for a new Obi or Grandstream ATA.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby bridonca » 07/01/2017

Unless you are getting a really good deal, I would pass on this. It works with freephoneline when properly configured, but there are better ATA devices out there. Cisco devices have a reputation on being picky when things are not perfect. And then there is the fake Cisco devices that die after 2 months. It is not worth the hassle unless it is really cheap. Obihai devices are about $50 when on sale at newegg, and they are a lot easier to deal with than the Cisco devices. The Grandstream boxes are also better in comparison.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Postby Liptonbrisk » 07/02/2017

wonderdollar wrote:I am a satisfied user of Freephoneline for past many years. Presently I have Grandstream Adapter. Now I want to order another VOIP unlock key as I am taking one more phone line. I see this Unlock Cisco Linksys PAP2T NA VOIP ADAPTER on Kijiji and the seller states that it works with Freephoneline and other VOIP providers.

That's possibly a fake, Chinese knockoff: http://voipfan.net/other/fakepap2.php.

As others have mentioned, you'd be better off with an Obihai OBi200 or OBi202 ATAs, which are far the most powerful ATAs designed for home use, from newegg.ca. They also have features that help compliment what's lacking from Freephoneline (notably, the capacity to route incoming telemarketing calls elsewhere). The engineering team that designed the PAP series left and eventually started designing Obihai ATAs. They are the true successors of the PAP series ATAs and not the, inferior, SPA112/122 series. Grandstream ATAs also lack the powerful call routing abilities of Obihai ATAs.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Return to General Discussions