Will This Work For Me?

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.

Will This Work For Me?

Postby dreamer_cast » 02/14/2018

Hi all, new here and to Fongo. Here is my situation and I'm wondering if Fondo will be a viable alternative. I currently have Rogers for cell and internet. The only reason I think I may have to stick with Rogers is because I need wifi calling, and the fact that I own my phone (Galaxy S7 Edge). Can I switch to Fondo for cellular use (incoming and outgoing), and can I also port my cell number to Fondo? If I can do this, I will also be switching internet providers as well. Any help is greatly appreciated

dreamer
dreamer_cast
Just Passing Thru

Re: Will This Work For Me?

Postby Jake » 02/14/2018

The thing to remember is you will need an internet connection for Fongo to work. Fongo doesn't supply that part of it.

The internet connection could be either WIFI or through a data plan on a mobile device. I only use it on a wifi only device, so I can only make and receive calls when I am connected on wifi. When I am not my calls will go to voicemail and I don't get that many on this number so it suits me just fine.

The advantage with the Fongo app is it will cost you nothing to try it, apart from the obvious data usage if you don't use it when connect on wifi. Install it and get a free number and test it out on the device you have now. If it works well enough for you then get your number ported in. (see this page for more on that https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/articles/212437366)
If you more than just wifi coverage, then you will have to look into a data plan for your device.
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Will This Work For Me?

Postby dreamer_cast » 02/14/2018

It does sound like this will work then...I plan on having wifi coverage ( I live in a basement apartment), so will only use wifi in those conditions...otherwise I will have a cell and data plan. Thanks for the help!

dreamercast
dreamer_cast
Just Passing Thru

Return to General Discussions