The cellular number you have called is not assigned.

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.

The cellular number you have called is not assigned.

Postby bridonca » 07/31/2018

I ported a number from Rogers to Koodo yesterday. The port likely took within an hour. The port works when I use my other cellular accounts, Google Voice and Magic Jack. However, when I use the various Fongo services I have at my disposal, I get this as a recording "The cellular number you have called is not assigned."

Out of curiosity, how long does it take for Fongo to recognize a port?
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Re: The cellular number you have called is not assigned.

Postby Liptonbrisk » 07/31/2018

Unfortunately, I don't know the exact time. Is it working for you now? The same issue has been reported when people port into Freephoneline/Fongo. Other carriers appear to get updated before Fibernetics (for example, at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19239 Bell's system has already recognized the port, and it's just a waiting game). Give it until tomorrow morning. If the issue persists, send a ticket in. As you indicate, it's usually just a matter of waiting.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Postby bridonca » 08/01/2018

I was under the assumption a port has nothing to do with the calling carrier, though this seems not to be the case with Fongo. I am more interested in how Fongo does it, being they seem to be the oddball in this setup. In any case, I was never concerned Fongo would eventually route to the new port eventually. All is good.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Postby Liptonbrisk » 08/01/2018

To clarify, I mean that when porting takes place, routing updates need to occur. Some carriers take awhile to fully update routes, and random issues, such as what you witnessed, can occur.

Porting notifications go to NPAC and once activated, the porting changes get broadcasted to CLECs, or, at least, that's my understanding. The updates are supposed to happen automatically, but for whatever reason, Fibernetics' interval for updates seems to be a bit slower than with some other companies. I find these types of issues typically resolve within 24hrs. If not, intervention is required (submit a ticket).
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Return to General Discussions