IVR Credit Card Processing needs Dialup Modem

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.
TSellers
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: TekSavvy
Computer OS: XP

IVR Credit Card Processing needs Dialup Modem

Post by TSellers »

I just realized a hurdle to me ditching my landline as planned. I'd forgotten that I use a simple software package to automate Interactive Voice Response credit card processing. Basically what that means is instead of having to dial the phone and enter all the credit card info by hand by pressing the keyboard, the modem dials the card company and enters all the information.

Is there such as thing as a virtual dial up modem or a way to make existing dial up modems work with VOIP?

(PS: I know that subscribing to an internet payment gateway is an alternative, but as the minimum monthly fee for this with Chase Paymentech (Orbit) is $25.00, at the moment that is not feasible due to the limited number of transactions I do).
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: IVR Credit Card Processing needs Dialup Modem

Post by FONGO_kris »

I'm sure you could fine a virtual "dial-up server" if there is one out there, credit card machines I suppose would work over VoIP lines like a fax machine...

But as you read on and on you'll notice that once you set up your payment machine over a VoIP line, not an analog one, the company stops supporting you (and as I hear gets pretty rude!), and unfortunately we couldn't either.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
TSellers
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: TekSavvy
Computer OS: XP

Post by TSellers »

Thanks,

I guess the reality is I'll just need to go back to entering the information by hand. I assume that with VOIP I can still dial the 1-800 credit card processing number and then enter the information using DTMF from the keypad as you would a regular phone?
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Post by FONGO_kris »

Well 1-800 numbers work, though we prefix the 1 already so you would have to only dial '800'-xxx-xxxx.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2