Need help. New location and lots of problems.

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.
smartoakville
Just Passing Thru

Need help. New location and lots of problems.

Post by smartoakville »

Ok folks. I need some help.

I have been using FPL for a few months and no major issues. Up until yesterday I had everything working perfect, despite the unusual setup. Since I was sharing the internet (Rogers), I had my Asus router flashed with DDWRT and running as a client of my friends wifi, then the Linksys ATA SPA2102 connected to it, then my pc to the ATA. Everything was fine. Today I moved to a new location and there is a different provider (Cogeco), but everything else is the same, however I cannot register the ATA with FPL. Registration always fails.
I do have another VOIP on the line #2 and it works like a charm. I can also use the softphone on my pc (which is getting the ip address off the ATA) and it runs fine, but the ata cannot register for the life of me.
Im probably missing something obvious, so if you have any ideas let me know. BTW I already reset, restarted, unplugged and plugged everything back 500 times...lol. Still nothing.

Right now Im looking at my SPA2102 and 3 lights are on....everything works, except the line 1 (FPL). I thought it was the provider, but it does not make sense since I can run the softphone. I thought it was the router, but it does not make sense since I can run the softphone. I thought it was the ATA, but the line#2 works perfectly.

Any ideas?
smartoakville
Just Passing Thru

Re: Need help. New location and lots of problems.

Post by smartoakville »

Problem has been narrowed down to the DLINK router. Connecting the same setup to a COGECO modem directly allows FPL to run fine, but if the modem goes to the DLINK 614 router then it does not work. If signal goes from model to Linksys router, it works fine. Problem is related to the DLINK router.

Any suggestions?
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Post by FONGO_kris »

I would think that DLink would have some sort of "error log", but if it's your router I'd find/buy a cheap one to test it out - When it doubt, start swapping devices until you've isolated the problem. Once you've found the problem, you now only have on device (hopefully) to troubleshoot, which is much more efficient and much easier than your entire network.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

I have a 624 and everything works OK with that one.

The only thing I can suggest is to go through all the settings and see if you have forwarded ports and such to the right IP. It could be that the ATA changed IP when you moved and now the ports are being sent to an IP for a computer, or one that does not exists.

The DHCP page should tell you what is what regarding IPs, then just make sure the ATA has the correct IP as you think it does, and that all the ports are being sent to that IP.