Change SIP Password for Freephoneline

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.
threehappypenguins
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Obi202
Computer OS: Windows 8
Router: Gigaset SE567

Change SIP Password for Freephoneline

Post by threehappypenguins »

I just purchased my SIP credentials from Freephoneline.ca and I received an email with my credentials and it stated:
Please log into your account where more detailed settings are now displayed.

Go to www.fongo.com then enter your username and password to access your account and configure your device!
I went to fongo.com and it asks for my email and not my username and password. So I put in my email and password that I use for freephoneline.ca and it doesn't work. So I tried registering with fongo for the home phone (I only had options for ios, android, or home phone), and it wants to sign me up for fongo billing for this or whatever. I just want to be able to change my password to something I will remember for my sip credentials!

How do I do this? How can I access my sip settings? I also tried logging into freephoneline.ca, and went through to the app settings and clicked on sip settings. It's still asking me to order my sip credentials (even though i already did).

Please help!
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Change SIP Password for Freephoneline

Post by Jake »

go to freephoneline.ca to access your SIP details. Log in and then go to settings, sip settings.
46jimbo
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: Grandstream 286
Router: Asus RT-N13U Rev.B1

Post by 46jimbo »

I don't think it's permitted to change your sip password.
seagame2001
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: Groundwire
ISP Name: 3web
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Dlink-DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 5.1.1

Post by seagame2001 »

46jimbo wrote:I don't think it's permitted to change your sip password.

you can't change your sip password on your own. You need to contact Fongo for that
jfernand
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: MTA 6328-2Re
Firmware Version: 3.0.75
ISP Name: Bell Fibe
Computer OS: windows 7

Post by jfernand »

I have the exact same problem .... I have paid $50 for the SIP settings... when I click on SIP settings it says I have to purchase this.
Bloodsong
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: Zoiper| Grandstream GXP2000
ISP Name: Tek Savvy Internet (DSL)
Computer OS: CentOS, Arch, Widows 7, AIX, AS/400
Router: Cisco ASA 5520
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy Ace Q
Android Version: 2.3.6

Post by Bloodsong »

jfernand wrote:I have the exact same problem .... I have paid $50 for the SIP settings... when I click on SIP settings it says I have to purchase this.
Call Fongo support line for this issue, someone will have to check your account and that the payment processed.
threehappypenguins
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Obi202
Computer OS: Windows 8
Router: Gigaset SE567

Post by threehappypenguins »

I forgot to update this thread LOL!

It just took a little while. Maybe another 30 minutes? An hour or two? I don't remember now... but I can get into the settings to see all my info. However, it really ticks me off that I can't change anything. I can't change the password, I can't add multiple SIP User Agents, etc.

I don't want to have to contact Fongo every time I want to make a change. That's craziness. I like total control over what I do with SIP!
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

threehappypenguins wrote:I forgot to update this thread LOL!

It just took a little while. Maybe another 30 minutes? An hour or two? I don't remember now... but I can get into the settings to see all my info. However, it really ticks me off that I can't change anything. I can't change the password, I can't add multiple SIP User Agents, etc.

I don't want to have to contact Fongo every time I want to make a change. That's craziness. I like total control over what I do with SIP!
What would you need to change? Password yes, I will agree it would be good to have an online way of resetting the password, but you don't need to enter any useragents and I am not sure what else you would want to do. You can only connect one device at a time, and the useragent entry will change by itself depending on what you have connected.

Maybe you could explain what sort of changes you would like to make, it could be the options are there already.