Voice Mail and Dial tone issue

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!
WilliamY
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Obi200
Firmware Version: 3.0.1 (Build: 4550)
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Asus RT-N66U with Tomato
Smartphone Model: Samsung Note2
Android Version: 4.1.2

Voice Mail and Dial tone issue

Post by WilliamY »

Hi,

I get very annoying about the issue that each time when there is a voice mail involved, freephoneline's outgoing dial tone get screwed. After I delete all my voice mails, Picking up the phone, I heard several busy tones and then normal dial tones. When hang up, I saw 'New Voice Mail' message shown on my phone LED display again. dial *98, and was told no message. Whats going on? Why keeping get busy tones when pick up the phone.

BTW. Reset my ATA didn't work, I still get several busy tones then normal dial tones when picking up the phone.

Regards,

William
MrDoo
Just Passing Thru

Re: Voice Mail and Dial tone issue

Post by MrDoo »

I think that tone is the message waiting tone. It just means you have voice mail. It takes several minutes after you check your messages for that to clear.
mitwtim
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: Rogers
Router: Linksys WRT160N with DD-WRT

Re: Voice Mail and Dial tone issue

Post by mitwtim »

I have had the same issues with a never-ending voicemail alert for at least 2 weeks now. I do not have any new voicemails and even when all saved voicemails are removed it still persists.

I have just logged in looking for a manually way to trigger it off since it is obviously malfunctioning. Unless things at FPL have changed I understand that the way they poll the accounts to turn the message waiting indicator on/off is they search all accounts every 10 minutes. A ridiculous setup, but I guess it is hard to redesign after they have so many customers. But my point is that even that setup isn't working now.