Buzzing in

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!

Buzzing in

Postby DENISM » 11/18/2014

question .....i have ported my phone from bell to fongo and i live in a condominium where we have to buzz people in but unfortunately it doesn't work ..is there anything i can do to change that or is it a rule from fongo we cant use this future ? :?:

Any help will be much appreciated

Regards

Dennis
DENISM
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: grandstream
Router: CGN3

Re: Buzzing in

Postby Jake » 11/18/2014

A few people have mentioned this before, and I think it depends a lot on how your intercom system works.

If it dials your full number, rather than it just dialling 105 for your apartment and it going through a internal phone system, then it should work. If you get the calls on your number when someone is at your door, I would look in your ATA settings for the DTMF type and change it to something else. Usually inband fixes this sort of problem when the button pressing is not registered by an automated phone system for example.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby DENISM » 11/18/2014

thank you for your reply ....
it dials just a 105 but after that you lost me ....i have no idea as to what is ATA or DTMF ...
Im not that good with that but if you can point out to me where to look for those settings i will give it a try ...
mind you i dont hear a call even if we dial the code on the door screen ...

But it worked before im sure of that i have this setup now over a month and i notice this door anomaly last thursday and ever since i cant open door ...

Thank you again for your time and any info you will provide
DENISM
Just Passing Thru

Postby 46jimbo » 11/18/2014

In my condo, I just plug a spare phone into the old phone jack (which is disconnected from Bell). I get a dial tone, but can't call out. However, it operates the door buzzer.
46jimbo
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Grandstream 286
Router: Asus RT-N13U Rev.B1

Postby DENISM » 12/02/2014

ok thanks for your respond,i will look into it and see if that fixes the problem ...
DENISM
Just Passing Thru

Return to Tips & Tricks From Seasoned Users