Follow Me

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!
icewolfs1
Just Passing Thru

Follow Me

Post by icewolfs1 »

Hi,
If I were to set up a follow me number, so that any calls to my freephoneline would forward directly to my cellphone, how would this work while im abroad? For example, if I'm in Italy, and someone calls the freephoneline number, will it forward to my cellphone in italy?
TheHardy
***Übergod***
SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

Re: Follow Me

Post by TheHardy »

icewolfs1 wrote:Hi,
If I were to set up a follow me number, so that any calls to my freephoneline would forward directly to my cellphone, how would this work while im abroad? For example, if I'm in Italy, and someone calls the freephoneline number, will it forward to my cellphone in italy?
Assuming that you have provisioning for international calls set up with your cell phone provider. Be aware that you will be (a) roaming [or is that ROME-ing?] and (b) you will be paying international LD for the incoming leg of the phone call, just as if you were answering the phone call directly while abroad.

I would have a PC around for use, and use the softphone for incoming/outgoing calls ... or use the smartphone app on WIFI (not data) for the same reason -- if you are getting the calls over the INTERNET in any way shape or form, your location does not matter for LD purposes. You can sit in your villa in Tuscany with your Vancouver-based-Fongo app open, and make and receive calls as if you were sipping a Latte on English Bay ... of course calling the local pizzeria down the cobblestone street for your dinner would be an international LD call ... or you could walk there... ;)
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126
icewolfs1
Just Passing Thru

Re: Follow Me

Post by icewolfs1 »

Alright, thanks for the reply!
TheHardy
***Übergod***
SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

Clear?

Post by TheHardy »

icewolfs1 wrote:Alright, thanks for the reply!
I assume that means that this question is solved then? Or did I miss anything?

What can we assist you with next? :-)
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126