Grandstream HT702 Setup Guide

Here you can post your own working configurations of hardware or software to share with other users who may be using the same device!
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER
This forum is for those users who have already purchased a configuration file with the SIP settings needed to configure any SIP compatible device.

1. Please use this forum only as a means to share your configuration advice and guides for ATA devices and SIP clients that you are using with our service.
2. For any questions relating to device configuration, please use the other forum sections or post your question directly in the device topic that your question is meant for.
3. Please title your topics with only the name and model of your device so users can easily find the information they need.
4. Preferable format for posting here is compressing your screenshots of your successfully configured device into a .zip file, and post a brief description of the configuration.

Please stay on topic

Grandstream HT702 Setup Guide

Postby Jake » 08/13/2014

Credits to Val, thank you for your help.

The attached PDF will help you set up your Grandstream HT702 device from scratch. It is a known working configuration so if you are having troubles with your Grandstream HT702 reset back to defaults and follow this guide.

Edit by LiptonBrisk: Set “SIP Registration Failure Retry Wait Time” to 120 seconds.

Enabling "Allow Incoming SIP Messages from SIP Proxy Only" is a good idea for preventing SIP scanners/hackers. However, you may want to change that setting to "No" because FPL to FPL and Fongo to FPL calls may not work with that setting enabled, depending on the server being used and how switches FPL uses are configured. Fongo Home Phone has this setting disabled

Do what Mango wrote below.
Attachments
Grandstream HT702 ATA Config FreePhoneLine.pdf
(505.73 KiB) Downloaded 2601 times
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Grandstream HT702 Setup Guide

Postby Mango » 02/03/2015

To prevent one-way or no audio with the new FPL switches, the firmware of your device may need to be updated. You should be using at least 1.0.7.3. You may download the latest version from http://www.grandstream.com/support/firmware.

Once the new firmware is installed, set SIP REGISTER Contact Header Uses to WAN address.
Mango
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Toastman Tomato

Postby splinter » 04/11/2016

The setup is a little dated. Please find attached PDF of setup for HT702 using Latest firmware 1.0.8.2 - Splinter
Attachments
FPL Rogers GS HT702 Configuration.pdf
FPL Rogers GS HT702 Configuration PDF
(249.42 KiB) Downloaded 1446 times
splinter
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: HT702
ISP Name: Rogers
Router: AC 1700 Nighthawk

Postby Fongo Support » 04/11/2016

splinter wrote:The setup is a little dated. Please find attached PDF of setup for HT702 using Latest firmware 1.0.8.2 - Splinter

Hi,

NAT Traversal->Keep alive needs to be enabled.

Can you please make the change?

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby splinter » 04/11/2016

The original attached file is updated to the post.. Let me know if it did not work out. Feel free to trim out the post. All the best... Splinter
splinter
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: HT702
ISP Name: Rogers
Router: AC 1700 Nighthawk

Re: Grandstream HT702 Setup Guide- PORT 2

Postby shaan » 11/02/2017

Dear Sir
i have been using Grandstream HT 702 for home phone ( voip unlock key) since 2013 on PORT 1. i purchased another voip unlock key to have secondary phone line PORT 2 at home in February 2017. but i never ever able to configure my 2nd port. please help me configure PORT 2. i did try lot reading forums but never actually understand how to make my port 2 working. i am not tech guy but trying to make working. i am using bell fibre optics internet home. please some one help me to make my secondary phone line working on port 2.
Attachments
HT 702 PORT-2 configuration.docx
i need port 2 working with new voip unlock key
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 1068 times
shaan
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: HT702 GRANDSTREAM
Firmware Version: Program -- 1.0.4.14
ISP Name: DSL- EBOX INC (FROM BELL TELEPHONE)
Computer OS: WINDOWS 10
Router: TP LINK WIRELESS MODEM

Dear Sir
i have been using Grandstream HT 702 for home phone ( voip unlock key) since 2013 on PORT 1. i purchased another voip unlock key to have secondary phone line PORT 2 at home in February 2017. but i never ever able to configure my 2nd port. please help me configure PORT 2. i did try lot reading forums but never actually understand how to make my port 2 working. i am not tech guy but trying to make working. i am using bell fibre optics internet home. please some one help me to make my secondary phone line working on port 2.
shaan
Just Passing Thru

Hi Jack
i have been using Grandstream HT 702 for home phone ( voip unlock key) since 2013 on PORT 1. i purchased another voip unlock key to have secondary phone line PORT 2 at home in February 2017. but i never ever able to configure my 2nd port. please help me configure PORT 2. i did try lot reading forums but never actually understand how to make my port 2 working. i am not tech guy but trying to make working. i am using bell fibre optics internet home. please some one help me to make my secondary phone line working on port 2. please see attached PORT 2 snapshots from my device
Attachments
HT 702 PORT-2 configuration.docx
i need help to configure port - 2 for secondary phone line
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 1060 times
shaan
Just Passing Thru

Postby Liptonbrisk » 11/02/2017

shaan wrote:i have been using Grandstream HT 702 for home phone ( voip unlock key) since 2013 on PORT 1. i purchased another voip unlock key to have secondary phone line PORT 2 at home in February 2017. but i never ever able to configure my 2nd port. please help me configure PORT 2. i did try lot reading forums but never actually understand how to make my port 2 working. i am not tech guy but trying to make working. i am using bell fibre optics internet home. please some one help me to make my secondary phone line working on port 2. please see attached PORT 2 snapshots from my device

1. If you have your own router, ensure that whatever Bell gave you is in bridge mode. Do PPoE login with your own router.
Visit http://forums.redflagdeals.com/please-s ... r-1993629/

2. Don't use the same proxy server for both ports. On port 2, try voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060

3. SIP user ID and Authenticate password need info

4. Reregister before Expiration should be 0

5. Enable SIP Options Keep Alive should be Yes

7. SIP OPTIONS Keep Alive Interval should be 20
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Postby Liptonbrisk » 12/08/2017

splinter wrote:The setup is a little dated. Please find attached PDF of setup for HT702 using Latest firmware 1.0.8.2 - Splinter

https://support.freephoneline.ca/hc/en- ... redentials
Enable SIP Options Keep Alive should be Yes
SIP OPTIONS Keep Alive Interval should be 20
SIP Registration Failure Retry Wait Time (the first one) should be 120

I would probably increase this to 6 to try to avoid potential temporary IP bans: SIP OPTIONS Keep Alive Max Lost
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Postby jsk » 11/20/2018

The latest firmware for HT702 is 1.0.10.3 which I am running but having a few issues recently - using Line 1 only.

Could anyone please provide the latest setup for this firmware version as a single downloadable PDF?

I've followed the thread but many have had input which is all good.

However, it would be good to see one consolidated version applied to 1.0.10.3.

Thanks!
jsk
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT702 ATA
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Bell Fibe
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Buffalo WZR-1750DHPD

Return to Device Configuration Sharing