FPL Number Porting & Unlock Key

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

FPL Number Porting & Unlock Key

Postby andyhxl » 07/27/2015

Hi, I have a phone number I need to port over, but would like to do this after making sure the unlock key works with the ATA I am trying to buy and the FPL service works. Is it possible I pay for the unlock key first with the new phone number, make sure everything works, then I pay for the phone number port over? Once I make sure the unlock key/service works, I pay for the number port over do I need to pay for the unlock key again just because the phone number is changed? Thanks.
andyhxl
Just Passing Thru

Re: FPL Number Porting & Unlock Key

Postby bridonca » 07/27/2015

That is the best way to do it! I would only go one step at a time so you do not have to outlay any cash for experimenting, at least in the beginning.

First get a freephoneline account, and pick a free phone number. Then use the freeephoneline's desktop soft phone and test it out. The desktop soft phone is not very good, but it is functional, and it gives you an idea of what you are getting yourself into. Play with it, test it. When you are happy with the performance, it is time to lay out some cash.

When you are happy with the freephoneline service and it's potential, pay $60 for the SIP settings. This allows you to be able to use pretty much any SIP VOIP device, OBIHAI ATA phone devices my particular favourite. With an ATA device, you can use a regular telephone to make calls. Again, play with it, make calls, take calls, get comfortable with the technology. When you are happy, then you can port you old number over. That costs $25, and you will lose the old number freephoneline assigned to you after a successful porting process.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Postby andyhxl » 07/28/2015

Hi Bridonca, thanks for your reply. I have tested and paid for the SIP setting and ATA, looks fine. So I have paid for the phone number port over. I guess after the number is ported over, I just need to get into the ATA to change the setting from the free number to the number I ported in and that should work?
andyhxl
Just Passing Thru

Postby ganaa » 08/03/2015

Hello bridonca
Could you pls. help me , i installed and registered to window desktop appl. Tried to make a call before buying an unlock code. But can't make or receive any calls. Have tried a port forwarding in router but no changes. Do you think a unlock key will solve my problem?
ganaa
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: obi200

Postby curt » 10/02/2015

bridonca wrote:When you are happy with the freephoneline service and it's potential, pay $60 for the SIP settings. This allows you to be able to use pretty much any SIP VOIP device, OBIHAI ATA phone devices my particular favourite. With an ATA device, you can use a regular telephone to make calls. Again, play with it, make calls, take calls, get comfortable with the technology. When you are happy, then you can port you old number over. That costs $25, and you will lose the old number freephoneline assigned to you after a successful porting process.

After I do the last step (port the old number over), do I need to change any settings in my VoIP phone or ObiHai ATA?
curt
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: OBi202
Firmware Version: 3.2.2 (Build: 8680EX
ISP Name: Bell
Computer OS: Mac OSX 12.0.1
Router: Asus RT-AC68U

Postby iconicrocket » 07/28/2018

Hi All,

I have the OBI202, and have bought already the SIP unlock key. But having trouble navigating all the Obitalk.com screen to input the number. What screen do I enter all these info in obitalk?

Inbound/Outbound Proxy: voip.freephoneline.ca
Registration Expires: 3600
Use Preferred Codec: G711U or G729a
Use Preferred Codec Only: No
RTP Packet Size: 0.020
Ring Tone Frequency: 52
Ring Tone Voltage: 90
Recommended Linksys Dial String: (911|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xxxxxxxxxxxx.|*98|[6-7]x*xxxxxxxxxxx.)
*** does this string work for obi202?
iconicrocket
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: obihai 202

Postby Liptonbrisk » 07/28/2018

iconicrocket wrote:Hi All,

I have the OBI202, and have bought already the SIP unlock key. But having trouble navigating all the Obitalk.com screen to input the number. What screen do I enter all these info in obitalk?

The PDF guide for your device can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18805#p73839.
Download the PDF, open the file, and use it to configure your ATA correctly.

does this string work for obi202?

That's not what you should be using. Follow the PDF guide.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Return to Community Support