No outgoing audio

Have a question or problem with your application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.

No outgoing audio

Postby pete_fpl » 03/09/2012

When I make a call, the person does not hear me at all. I called myself from my home phone to another fpl # and I couldn't hear myself at all from the home phone. Has been happening for two days that I know of already.
pete_fpl
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Cisco PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6
ISP Name: Teksavvy
Router: D-Link DIR-601 N 150

Share On:

Re: No outgoing audio

Postby dibsmft » 03/09/2012

Please tell us what are you using for making calls (phone, laptop etc) as it is not clear from you post?. Have you changed any settings recently? It seems that you have a port problem. Have you forwarded the required ports from your router to the device running Bud Phone (if you can)?
It might help if you run STUN on the client if available. If you normally use stun .... it the server that you are using working?
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

SIP Device Name: Yealink T22 (SPA3102 GS286)
Firmware Version: 7.60.0.110
ISP Name: Bell-Aliant DSL
Computer OS: Linux Mint
Router: Speedstream 6520
Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 3.2.1

dibsmft wrote:Please tell us what are you using for making calls (phone, laptop etc) as it is not clear from you post?. Have you changed any settings recently? It seems that you have a port problem. Have you forwarded the required ports from your router to the device running Bud Phone (if you can)?
It might help if you run STUN on the client if available. If you normally use stun .... it the server that you are using working?

Using a home phone to call. I haven't changed any settings anywhere (router, ata, or any place). Just out of the blue it stopped working. I can hear the person just fine, but they can't hear me at all - not even a whisper, it's 100% mute.

If I changed a setting, I could probably fix it - but when stuff just stops working like this, man oh man does it stumps me lol
pete_fpl
Active Poster

By "home phone" do you mean a phone connected to and ATA in turn connected to a router? If that is the case turn the power off to ATA and any other devices and then power off the router. After 5 minutes, turn the router power back on wait 1 minute and power up the ATA. See if the phone now works properly. Lets us know the result.
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

dibsmft wrote:By "home phone" do you mean a phone connected to and ATA in turn connected to a router? If that is the case turn the power off to ATA and any other devices and then power off the router. After 5 minutes, turn the router power back on wait 1 minute and power up the ATA. See if the phone now works properly. Lets us know the result.

Yes a regular lan line phone connected to ata and router :) Tried your method, didn't work. Also noticed today, there's no ring tone when I attempt to call, yesterday there was, today there's none.

:? :?:
pete_fpl
Active Poster

What ATA do you have? Did you disconnect everything else, including your computer to do the test so the only thing connected to the router output is the ATA?
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

Postby Zinner » 06/02/2012

I have been having the same problem on and off ever since I've moved to this service. I have a Linksys PAP2T. I have also done the resetting of the router and device but the problem still exists. The issue was intermittent from the onset of the service but it has progressed to a constant problem now for two days. It's quite obvious that the simple rebooting solution is not the root of the problem so, we need more concrete troubleshooting. As the previous post has suggested, if it was something I changed then it may be solvable but this is sporadic and happens by itself.
Zinner
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: 3.1.15(LS)
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: DPC2100R2

Postby dibsmft » 06/05/2012

Zinner wrote:I have been having the same problem on and off ever since I've moved to this service. I have a Linksys PAP2T. I have also done the resetting of the router and device but the problem still exists. The issue was intermittent from the onset of the service but it has progressed to a constant problem now for two days. It's quite obvious that the simple rebooting solution is not the root of the problem so, we need more concrete troubleshooting. As the previous post has suggested, if it was something I changed then it may be solvable but this is sporadic and happens by itself.

If you have not forwarded the required ports then forward them. If that does not help then try running STUN.
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

Postby TswamiThreads » 05/06/2013

I have the same problem on PC fpl 3.2.6.0 2wire router ibm thinkpad bell canada internet can still get messages or forward to my cell at least untill i can fix this, any help would be great
Thanks
TswamiThreads
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: pc
Firmware Version: 3.2.6.0
ISP Name: Bell Canada dsl
Computer OS: xp pro
Router: 2wire

Return to Customer Support