Time Limit on Calls

Have a question or problem with your application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.

Time Limit on Calls

Postby mikeedv » 10/29/2012

Has anybody experienced a limit on the length of time on a call. I have consistently been cut off after 6 minutes when calling my partner in Spain (both of us are using DV) from Canada. During the same convsersation I was cut off 4-5 times, each one only lasting about 6 minutes. We don't have any restrictions on the ISP's or routers. We are using the same phones, Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant on andriod 2.3.3
mikeedv
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant
Firmware Version: Android 2.3.3
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Linksys

Share On:

Re: Time Limit on Calls

Postby TheHardy » 10/30/2012

6 mins seems low. I have hit a 15:20-15:38 type of time-out limit on the FPL PC-softphone when making/receiving calls to/from landlines/mobiles, but not between Fongo #'s ....

This should likely be investigated. Before too much time lapses, I would send a PM to Mike or Steve (Fongo employees) with a screen paste of your call logs for these calls --- they can perhaps then look into the network-side (behind the scenes) side of things in the call logs/servers/interconnect things and see what the reason for the disconnect is ... all that stuff is logged, so if they can access it, perhaps it can be back-traced to see what is causing it.

I mean, if there is a limit, that is not a bad thing, so long as we know. But in any case 6 mins is a little low ... in my case, 15 1/2 mins seems to be NOT too troublesome, although it can be a PITA.
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126
TheHardy
***Übergod***

SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

Postby Regge » 05/03/2013

I have a similar problem right now... which make my call last 60 seconds after that I cannot ear anything from the remote. all local calls. I did reset my router and my ATA. still do the same. any idea?
Regge
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: SPA112
Firmware Version: latest version
ISP Name: Cable/Acanac
Computer OS: Windows, Linux, Solaris, Hpux, Aix,
Router: SPA112

Postby Regge » 03/13/2015

About this... I remember problem was actually with my TP Link Router... I had to disable the hardware NAT on the router.
Regge
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: SPA112
Firmware Version: latest version
ISP Name: Cable/Acanac
Computer OS: Windows, Linux, Solaris, Hpux, Aix,
Router: SPA112

Return to Customer Support