No Connection to Sever on Desktop application

Have a question or problem with your application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.

No Connection to Sever on Desktop application

Postby kent_luice » 03/09/2013

Hello

Since last 2 weeks, I am not able to use desk top application on my computer and getting "No Connection to Server" message where usually our telephone number is displayed. When I tried to test the connection, it gave me below result:

Sound Data transfer: Unable to send/receive sound data! port 13000 should be available

Please let me know what this mean? I have been using this since last 2 years without any issues, do I need to change anything on my router? how do I change it?

Thank you
kent_luice
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Lynksis
ISP Name: Bell
Computer OS: Win XP

Share On:

Re: No Connection to Sever on Desktop application

Postby 46jimbo » 03/14/2013

I'm having the same problem. Also, my Freephoneline desktop app can't connect anymore either. There have been no changes in my setup. Any help would be appreciated.
46jimbo
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Grandstream 286
Router: Asus RT-N13U Rev.B1

Postby chaksbaks » 03/15/2013

hello support

please make an announcement that budphone application is dead and will not be working any more. What will happen to the number that was associated with this????
chaksbaks
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Win 7
Router: Cisco

Postby bridonca » 03/15/2013

I encountered this problem when I had an old version of the FPL client on my machine. See what happens when you download a newer version.

I had a problem finding a newer version though, but Jake was able to help, and I quote here:

"Log into FPL, click settings, and there is a downloads tab next to the sip settings tab."
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Postby chaksbaks » 03/19/2013

but we are talking about budphone here not FPL
chaksbaks
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Win 7
Router: Cisco

Postby Stars29 » 03/23/2013

I too, am having the same issue, with no connection to the server.

I removed this app a month ago, and I didn't have an issue with it then, and now, it won't even connect to the server. No alterations were made, other than removing this desktop app, so I too, find it strange, that it doesn't work.

An answer as to why, would be rather phenomenal!
Stars29
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: I don't know
Firmware Version: I don't know
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Windows 7 home
Router: Hitron CDE-30364

Postby 46jimbo » 03/24/2013

please make an announcement that budphone application is dead and will not be working any more. What will happen to the number that was associated with this????

I sent a pm to support and they informed me that Budphone is dead. The desktop app will no longer connect. However, my number is still alive and I can log into it's account from the freephoneline.ca website where I can fiddle with the settings. I can receive calls that go to voicemail, but I can't dial out.
46jimbo
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Grandstream 286
Router: Asus RT-N13U Rev.B1

Postby hlnduch » 04/28/2013

I have exactly the same problem. Someone find a solution? Because I try o join Fongo but it seams impossible ti receive an answer
hlnduch
Just Passing Thru

Computer OS: macbook

Postby TswamiThreads » 05/06/2013

Hi
Would love to buy credit and use fpl but recently it just stopped working. i'm using version 3.2.6.0 of fpl on an ibm thinkpad with xp with dsl internet from bell canada. I troied to get them to forward the ports suggested in forum but they would not. i tried myself in windows firewall? but i am a beginner.
when i test connection i get a message about port 13000 no connection fpl 3.2.6.0 on pc
I think i need some help
I love this app
Thanks Dan
TswamiThreads
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: pc
Firmware Version: 3.2.6.0
ISP Name: Bell Canada dsl
Computer OS: xp pro
Router: 2wire

Return to Customer Support