New forum addition!

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it!

New forum addition!

Postby FONGO_kris » 01/04/2011

As you all can see, another category which reads ‘Mobile applications’, has been added. This coincides slightly to what another user had suggested (Budphone dedicated category); this would however become overwhelming to create one for every media partnership we have, such as Budweiser and Z-103.5 FM. I am making one for any and all mobile applications we currently do and may offer in the future. All updates and release / testing schedules will be posted here...

Thank you,
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Share On:

Re: New forum addition!

Postby tigerking » 01/08/2011

Can we use our freephoneline.ca registered user ID and password (currently tie to budphone) to zphone?

I downloaded the zphone and tried to login with my registered user ID and password that I registered on http://www.freephoneline.ca and it is not working (invalid user ID and password).

Both Zphone and Budphone are ran by FPL and the user ID should be able to use on both platforms.
tigerking
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Softphone, GS ATA HT286
Firmware Version: 3.0.1
ISP Name: Shaw
Computer OS: XP, Win7
Router: DLink
Smartphone Model: Iphone 4S
iOS Version: 5.1.1

Postby FONGO_kris » 01/08/2011

Thank you for your feedback, though for each service you would require a new signup. Yes they are all run by us, but in terms of statistics for who signs up where we need the logins separate.
Kris
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Postby tigerking » 01/10/2011

In this way, we have no choice but burn another FPL number in Zphone registration if we want to use the Zphone in addtional to the Budphone with FPL registration.

Having seeing this, it make no incentive for me to try Zphone as I don't want to get another extra number end up not using and leave idle.

Hope it will be improved, actually when the softphone register with the VoIP server, I believe FPL VoIP server should be able to capture the phone type in the SIP communication that would be able to provide enough information to FPL to compile the statistics.

Anyway, thank you for letting us know but a bit disappointed.
tigerking
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Softphone, GS ATA HT286
Firmware Version: 3.0.1
ISP Name: Shaw
Computer OS: XP, Win7
Router: DLink
Smartphone Model: Iphone 4S
iOS Version: 5.1.1

Postby Jake » 01/10/2011

tigerking wrote:In this way, we have no choice but burn another FPL number in Zphone registration if we want to use the Zphone in addtional to the Budphone with FPL registration.

Having seeing this, it make no incentive for me to try Zphone as I don't want to get another extra number end up not using and leave idle.

Hope it will be improved, actually when the softphone register with the VoIP server, I believe FPL VoIP server should be able to capture the phone type in the SIP communication that would be able to provide enough information to FPL to compile the statistics.

I guess it is also that each of the sponsoring brands on the phones want you to keep their branding on the phone. If I was Budweiser I would not really want you ditching my skin in favour of another one, I would want you to keep looking at my phone until it made you thirsty enough to go down the shops.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby FONGO_kris » 01/10/2011

Jake wrote:
tigerking wrote:In this way, we have no choice but burn another FPL number in Zphone registration if we want to use the Zphone in addtional to the Budphone with FPL registration.

I guess it is also that each of the sponsoring brands on the phones want you to keep their branding on the phone. If I was Budweiser I would not really want you ditching my skin in favour of another one, I would want you to keep looking at my phone until it made you thirsty enough to go down the shops.

To keep it short and simple, Z103.5 doesn't want people from Budweiser logging into their phones and vice versa.
Kris
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Return to Suggestions & Feedback