Free SMS to regular mobile number

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

Free SMS to regular mobile number

Postby pooton » 08/31/2013

Hi all

There are getting more and more companies' providing this type of services. Your service is great but I am afraid of giving out this number because sending out SMS costs money.
I wonder if you have plans in the near future to make this function for free. I don't want this feature starting to reduce users using your services. and slowly, your app will disappear.

Thanks a lot
pooton
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: HTC One
ISP Name: Fido, Shaw
Computer OS: Windown, Mac
Router: Mac

Re: Free SMS to regular mobile number

Postby chsble » 12/12/2013

I agree!
chsble
Just Passing Thru

Postby Jake » 12/13/2013

I would say that $10 for 6 months unlimited texting is next to free, even when I consider what I was paying back in the UK which was peanuts compared to the plans over here.

Yes free everything would be much better for us, but the company has to make some money somewhere other they would definitely disappear!
Jake
Technical Support

Postby droidnut » 01/01/2014

Jake wrote:I would say that $10 for 6 months unlimited texting is next to free, even when I consider what I was paying back in the UK which was peanuts compared to the plans over here.

Yes free everything would be much better for us, but the company has to make some money somewhere other they would definitely disappear!

I agree, $20/year is nothing, although they also make money from the ad in the app but I paid to remove it too.
droidnut
Just Passing Thru

Computer OS: Windows 7

Postby ylubme » 01/07/2014

Option to pay per outgoing text would be great. The benefit can be two fold. Infrequent SMS users has the flexibility to send text without a plan. Heavy users who don't do the math will end up paying more.

Keep in mind that text is bidirectional. Once my friend is used to texting my fongo # it's hard for me to stop using it. So this option has the potential benefit of developing rare user into subscribed user.

The only trouble with this, though, is to implement a billing engine that tracks usage which isn't an easy thing.
ylubme
Just Passing Thru

Return to Suggestions & Feedback