Feature suggestion, redirect by caller ID

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
Dr. Cynical
Just Passing Thru

Feature suggestion, redirect by caller ID

Post by Dr. Cynical »

I would love to see this feature.

You log into your account from the site, go to a section where you can add a number and redirect it based on the caller ID.

So if one person's caller ID is 416-123-xxxx and you want only that number redirected to some other number, your landline for example, you can do that.

The other benefit is if 514-678-xxxx is one of those cruise scam calls and you want to redirect the call to an invalid number (resulting in the caller getting a "not in service" recording), you can do that as well.

Please consider adding this to the queue for a future update.
Madwand
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: SPA-2102
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable 100/10
Computer OS: Windows 7 Professional

Re: Feature suggestion, redirect by caller ID

Post by Madwand »

I agree. This has been suggested many months ago. This is the main reason why my primary line does not terminate with FPL. I have FPL for my other lines.

A few other suggestions:
if I have 2 FPL #'s, I'd like the outgoing caller id (when I make a call) to be modified so they are both the same. I don't want others knowing both of my FPL #'s.
Also, please show the IP of my connected ATA when I sign into FPL on the web. This would help me troubleshoot, also include the incoming port # to FPL. Similar to another major VOIP provider in Montreal.