Text message storage

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
WindyJMusic
One Hit Wonder
SIP Device Name: Android
Firmware Version: Jellybean 4.3
ISP Name: WiFi, Bell LTE
Computer OS: Windows Vista

Text message storage

Post by WindyJMusic »

Big fan of Fongo. I have found it has improved significantly recently ... there was a while where I would have a significant delay while on the phone, and that delay has almost completely disappeared.

I'm wondering about the management of text messages; when my Fongo is disconnected from the Internet, where do those text messages go? Do they store in a server somewhere? How do they get pushed to my phone once I reconnect? I understand these messages are stored standalone from my regular SMS phone app, but have no way of knowing whether or not I will receive these text messages as reliably as I do from my service provider.

I had one text message that was obviously sent to me on Friday night, and I didn't receive it until late Saturday morning despite being connected to WiFi for a few hours. This is a problem I can't have happen regularly. If there were a way to access these messages on some sort of web interface, that would be very helpful.

Further, if I'm using the same Fongo account on multiple devices, the system seems to have a difficult time determining which device to send it to. It should send to all devices, not just one. My text message histories look very disjunct as a result, and it really makes me fear losing some messages.

Thanks,
WindyJ