get old version of Fongo app?

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
grovepark
Just Passing Thru

get old version of Fongo app?

Post by grovepark »

I have 2 exact android Samsung gio phones, one with the latest Fongo app version, the other with older version.

The phone #1 with older version performs better in terms of full-duplex functionality (I would say 8 in a scale of 1-10).
The phone #2 with latest version is 5 in scale of 1-10.
The tests were done many times on the same network with the same QoS router config for both phones.

I would like to get the old version 3.0.6.32 to install on phone #2 to try to troubleshoot the problem of full-duplex.
Can someone tell me how to get it?

Thnx
Jake
Technical Support

Re: get old version of Fongo app?

Post by Jake »

From Fongo's point of view, they will always want you to have the latest version, but this is how you can copy the app over from phone #1 to phone #2.

Look for an app called 'backup and restore' or similar in the Play Store and install it on phone #1 (the one with the older version). This app will allow you to backup your apps.
Backup the Fongo app, which will create an APK file.
Delete Fongo on phone #2.
Move the APK file from phone #1 to phone #2 and open it using file manager. This will install the older version on the other phone.
grovepark
Just Passing Thru

Post by grovepark »

Thanks, will try that.
grovepark
Just Passing Thru

Post by grovepark »

My conclusion is that the version of the Fongo app has nothing to do with full duplex performance.
Both Samsung phones Gio 1 and Gio 2 now have the latest Fongo app version.

When making call from a Fongo app phone to a Bell carrier cell phone, the full duplex performance is not too bad.
But when I made a call from Fongo Gio1 to Fongo Gio2, the voice becomes choppy in full duplex.
My router is dd-wrt with Qos, speed test 11Mbps/600kbps, no other device operated during call.

What I did was having music to play continuously on Fongo gio1 and myself on Fongo gio2 talking.
Anytime I started to talk the music became choppy at an unacceptable level.
Anybody find it similar please post.