iOS feature request

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

iOS feature request

Postby ABaum » 12/24/2014

Hi, just loving Fongo. I use it as my primary phone on a Bell Flex data plan.

A few requests that would make it a much better phone replacement:

1. Better ringtones and SMS tones. They are very old fashioned and most of them don't even sound like proper notifications. Sounds like I'm using a phone from five years ago when it rings or messages. Sounds like every other iPhone out there where the owner doesn't know how to customize their tones.

2. Vibrate option on SMS and calls (important)

3. Workaround to answer calls from the lock screen and have the app automatically load when a call notification comes in. When calls come in currently, the phone has to be unlocked and then you have to click the Fongo logo to load th app. In other words, it's a slow process answering a call.

I think many of us would be willing to pay a small charge to add these features, if necessary.
ABaum
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: iPhone 5
ISP Name: Bell LTE
Computer OS: iOS

Re: iOS feature request

Postby Fongo_Joe » 02/12/2015

Hi ABaum,

These are limited by the iOS ecosystem. All interactions from apps when they are in the background must be done via a notification.
This limits the app by:
-Not allowing a duration for the vibration, its the standard for a notification
-The app must include the notification sounds in the binary. We can bloat the app by adding more but its quite big already for users who have 8GB iPhones

There is much more flexibility on the Android platform, if apple decided to provide this flexibility we would implement it.

-Joe
Fongo_Joe
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT801
ISP Name: Bell
Computer OS: Mac OS X
Smartphone Model: iPhone X
iOS Version: 12.3.1

Postby ayan143 » 04/20/2015

Workaround to answer calls from the lock screen and have the app automatically load when a call notification comes in. When calls come in currently, the phone has to be unlocked and then you have to click the Fongo logo to load th app. In other words, it's a slow process answering a call.
ayan143
One Hit Wonder

Postby nav2014 » 08/17/2015

I would like this same feature as well for answering calls, if Apple allows this type of design. Current method is not very elegant.
nav2014
Just Passing Thru

Return to Suggestions & Feedback