Shut off screen when holding phone up to face

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

Shut off screen when holding phone up to face

Postby Spreader » 03/17/2015

I've noticed that when I talk on my phone the screen doesn't shut off. The native dialer and Zoiper both have this feature. I'm hitting lots of buttons and making unknown operations when my cheek contacts the screen! Please update to make use of the phone sensors to shut off the screen when were using the phone.
Spreader
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Nexus5
ISP Name: Bell Tablet Flex Plan

Re: Shut off screen when holding phone up to face

Postby Fongo Support » 03/17/2015

Spreader wrote:I've noticed that when I talk on my phone the screen doesn't shut off. The native dialer and Zoiper both have this feature. I'm hitting lots of buttons and making unknown operations when my cheek contacts the screen! Please update to make use of the phone sensors to shut off the screen when were using the phone.

Hi there,

is your proximity sensor working?

Perhaps you can test this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7d62ERvL9U

let me know.

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: Shut off screen when holding phone up to face

Postby Spreader » 03/29/2015

Thanks for the response.

I downloaded "Sensor Box for Android" and tested the proximity sensor. The proximity sensor in my phone works as normal.

This sounds like a Fongo app issue. My Zoiper softphone app and my native dialer app both kill the screen when I bring the phone to my face.
Spreader
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Nexus5
ISP Name: Bell Tablet Flex Plan

Return to Suggestions & Feedback