This number is already used as a FollowMe number by someone

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

This number is already used as a FollowMe number by someone

Postby wang120 » 05/21/2017

Sometimes got this message:"This number is already used as a FollowMe number by someone else."
I searched the forum, mostly was because it was set up by the user in a testing number before. For those who can figure out the testing account, good luck! But for the unlucky people, can Fongo please develop a way to trace the account has used the FollowMe number?

Thanks.
wang120
Just Passing Thru

Re: This number is already used as a FollowMe number by some

Postby Jake » 05/21/2017

You need to contact Fongo directly and ask them to remove the number from the other account. They can search it easily and this usually gets fixed fairly quickly.

https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I assume they would see it as a privacy issue if they just let you search what number was associated with other numbers, but I know they are very helpful in helping with this.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby wang120 » 05/24/2017

Why don't they make this searching technique open to the user?
wang120
Just Passing Thru

Postby Jake » 05/24/2017

Well I did give a reason at the end of my post, but to expand on it a little, I personally wouldn't like a public system where someone could search a phone number and for it to return associated details to that number. What would you do with that information if, say, when you entered your number in and it gave my details? Are you going to call me up and ask me to remove your number from my account? You can see how this could go very bad if I didn't comply or didn't know how to.

I'm sure this isn't something you would do, I'm sure you just want your phone number released from the other account, but unfortunately not everyone would be the same and there would more than likely be some heated exchanges :)

Just drop Fongo a line, they are very good at helping with things like this.
Jake
Technical Support

Return to Suggestions & Feedback