No Winnipeg 204 numbers

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

No Winnipeg 204 numbers

Postby jaysonwall » 02/11/2012

I was disappointed after going thought the sign up process that there is NO WINNIPEG NUMBERS: Area Code 204.

I was under the impression that this was a Canada Wide service.

Yes, I realize that I can call Winnipeg, but not with a Winnipeg Number I can't.

You can only get numbers if you live in BC, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec.

With Dell being such a large company, you'd think they'd release this product from Coast to Coast for everybody.

GREAT CONCEPT, BAD ROLL OUT!!!
jaysonwall
One Hit Wonder

Re: No Winnipeg 204 numbers

Postby Bohannan » 03/12/2013

I agree. Being from Winnipeg it would have been nice to get a Winnipeg number. However with that being said, Fongo can not be blamed for this. CTRC regulates so many numbers out there and most were gobbled up by MTS and Shaw. Now, here's some good news, and I'm sure Fongo is ready to pounce! Sometime in April 2013, the new Manitoba area code 431 will be available to all new customers via MTS or Shaw. I'm sure Fongo will have rights to get some of these new numbers as well. I know that I'll be in line to get me one of these numbers.

So with my above statement, hold tight jaysonwall, less than 60 days!!

BTW, if there is anyone from Fongo that could speak up on this, that would help. LOL.

BoBo.
Bohannan
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: iPhone 4 - Deactivated
Firmware Version: 6.0.1
ISP Name: Shaw
Computer OS: Windows 7

Re: No Winnipeg 204 numbers

Postby bridonca » 03/15/2013

I am not in the know of the goings on with Fongo, but they tend to own exchanges instead of renting numbers. So Fongo can only buy what is available, and there is no way Fongo will pay top dollar for them! I am sure MTS is not much better, but Bell Aliant is not a good company to deal with with this sort of thing.

It annoys that places like Manitoba and Nova Scotia do not even need another area code, (I think Nova Scotia is getting a new area code in 2013 also). There is not enough people to use up the exchanges already in existence! I am in Nova Scotia, and a small community I used to live in and still visit, Inverness, NS, has maybe 2000 people tops. Yet it has 3 exchanges. 2 new exchanges in the last 5 years, with all 3 exchanges owned by Bell Aliant. Way over 10 times more available numbers than people! And that is assuming all 2000 citizens have a phone number! Shameful!
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Return to Suggestions & Feedback