Video Calling and SMS/MMS

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
djc
Active Poster

Video Calling and SMS/MMS

Post by djc »

Is this something that is totally different what the plan is for Dell Voice?

I was wondering if there was any plans to have Video Calling such as Tango or Facetime. Also the ability to leave video messages if they don't answer.

How about having SMS or MMS, is that also not easy through Dell Voice? Not sure if these are totally different technologies.

Anyway, if they were all together, it'd make Dell Voice that much better.

Thanks,

djc
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: Video Calling and SMS/MMS

Post by FONGO_kris »

FONGO_steve indicated there is in fact a plan to implement some sort of sms functionality into our service but wasn't able to provide a specific time frame. Video calling certainly sounds like a great feature and I will pass the suggestion up the totem pole. The amount of server load this requires is quite large, it was in fact tested late 2009 within' the office walls only and it was found to be of great stress on our systems which at this time are set up for voice telephony only so I can only assume if this is decided to be a feature path we investigate, the time frame will be quite a bit longer than our sms.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
djc
Active Poster

Post by djc »

Thanks for the reply Kris.

It's great to hear the SMS is in the works. Maybe with MMS as well.

It's also great to know that video calling has been considered. Here's hoping that they can put it together as I think Dell Voice is a great service.

Thanks,

djc
netyang
Active Poster

Post by netyang »

djc wrote:Thanks for the reply Kris.

It's great to hear the SMS is in the works. Maybe with MMS as well.

It's also great to know that video calling has been considered. Here's hoping that they can put it together as I think Dell Voice is a great service.

Thanks,

djc
yes, if it can send Voice message, it will beat everything.