Dell Voice for iphone/ipods with OS 3.1.3

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
playbookuser101
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: playbook

Dell Voice for iphone/ipods with OS 3.1.3

Post by playbookuser101 »

I request that you guys consider opening up the Dell Voice app to work on iphones and ipods with OS 3.1.3

Right now the app will not install unless you have OS 4.0. +

Unfortunately there are millions of iphones and ipods which can only install up to OS 3.1.3.
In other words it is not possible to install OS 4.0 on these devices.

By opening up support for the older OS, you will instantly create a greater oportunity for the millions of people still using the older iphones and ipods, thus increasing your potential user base. (note millions of these older devices are still in use today, since not everyone upgrades every year)
By supporting the older OS you can then submit higher % user coverage values in your future quarterly reviews with Dell, thus allowing you to forcast growth in this competitive IP phone market.

Porting to an older OS should also not be too dificult to implement.

Note: one of your competitors (which i wont name here) does offer their product on both the older 3.1.3 and new OS 4.0+, so it is possible to do. In fact one of your own products Bud Phone, also works on the Older OS.

I think that you can easily eat up this competition by porting your product to the older OS.