Expand Free Calling Area To Timmins,Ont.

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

Expand Free Calling Area To Timmins,Ont.

Postby optimus1 » 02/23/2012

Hi, I live in city of Timmins and was wondering if you will be expanding to northern ontario? I tried selecting a North Bay phone number,but its still long distance to timmins, so all my local calls are long distance...thanks
optimus1
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: LG Optimus One
Firmware Version: 2.3.3
ISP Name: eastlink
Computer OS: windows 7
Router: motorola surfboard
Smartphone Model: LG Optimus One
Android Version: 2.3.3

Re: Expand Free Calling Area To Timmins,Ont.

Postby TheHardy » 03/12/2012

optimus1 wrote:Hi, I live in city of Timmins and was wondering if you will be expanding to northern ontario? I tried selecting a North Bay phone number,but its still long distance to timmins, so all my local calls are long distance...thanks

I see that no one else picked up on this, so it might have been missed.

Just to clarify for you, it does not matter which area you select your Fongo/FPL # in, if Timmins is not in the FREE CALLING LIST, it will still not be a free call, regardless if you have a North Bay or a Vancouver or an Edmonton phone number! :-(

Fongo seems to move a little slowly to add new FREE calling cities, but as the Fongo/DellVoice launch was a huge success, this may soon change. There were a TON more cities added when the FPL->Fongo transition took place, so there is always hope that maybe Timmins will make the next cut and become a FREE calling city. Chances of them offering TIMMINS phone numbers directly though (known as DIDs for Direct Inward Dialing numbers) would be highly unlikely due to the lower population of Timmins.

There are also other good candidates for expansion as free calling cities such as Red Deer & Fort McMurray AB, Prince George & Kamloops BC and many many others. Time will tell ...

Hopefully my reply will bring this thread back to the forefront and get it noticed or get some other input/replies ... ;-)
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126
TheHardy
***Übergod***

SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

TIMMINS, ON

Postby TheHardy » 03/12/2012

And an FYI for everyone (except optimus1) ....

Timmins, ON consists of the following NPA-NXX's:
[705] 221 225 262 264 265 266 267 268 269 274 288 360 399 465 531 951
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126
TheHardy
***Übergod***

SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

Return to Suggestions & Feedback