APP for Blackberry

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

APP for Blackberry

Postby happywind » 02/25/2012

When can we get an app for blackberry phone and palybook? Please be advised BB is still the No1 smart phone in Canada, it's a big market and the new OS2.0 running in playbook make it much easier to transfer an android app to a blackberry app. Thanks.

Sam
happywind
Just Passing Thru

Computer OS: iOS5

Re: APP for Blackberry

Postby bylo » 02/25/2012

happywind wrote:the new OS2.0 running in playbook make it much easier to transfer an android app to a blackberry app.

This from September isn't very encouraging: RIM releases list of Android-on-PlayBook no-nos | ITProPortal.com [my bold]
Presenting at Droidcon, part of the Eastern European Mobile Monday Developer Summit being held in Romania today, RIM engineers explained that there are several features which will be unavailable when Android apps are run on the PlayBook.

Key features which will be unavailable to Android apps running under the compatibility layer on the PlayBook and future BlackBerry devices include Android's famed battery-sucking Live Wallpaper, SIP and SIP VoIP, anything built using the Native Development Kit, apps containing only App Widgets, and apps containing more than one activity tied to the Launcher.

In addition, any packages which rely on Google Maps, in-app billing services, Android's text-to-speech engine, or the cloud-to-device messaging system will all be rendered unusable under the company's runtime system.
Google Nexus 5 on Fido 1GB-$15/month Flex Data plan
bylo
Active Poster

Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 6.0

Re: APP for Blackberry

Postby CanuckVoip » 03/07/2012

Methinks that Droid apps for the Android player on the PB are blocked from VOIP.
I would love to see a straight up native PB app.
I eagerly await the app for my Torch 9800 and would love a PB app as well.
8-)
CanuckVoip
Just Passing Thru

Return to Suggestions & Feedback