A few suggestion for future updates

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

A few suggestion for future updates

Postby kevjef420 » 03/22/2012

I know this is a long shot as fongo or Dell are both not avid application developers but some key features that would greatly improve the user experience.

Integration with stock dialer. Some sip clients have this, what it means is you can dial from stock dialer and when you hit dial you are given option to make the call using dell voice or stock phone/wireless network.
Rotate to horizontal view. When phone is in horizontal position the app should switch to horizontal view allowing easy use if phone is dock in horizontal position.
Of course bluetooth working properly. Being unable to connect to my bluetooth stereo makes this application useless in my car as I am not incline to break the law and risk my own and the safety of others on the road just so I can take a call.

If all of these functions were properly implemented I could seriously see this application completely replacing my voice plan with Rogers and just keep the 6gigs of data. I could potentially save $45/month on my cell phone bill.

Please Fongo/Dell I would gladly pay $100 to have this functionality working due to the potential savings.
kevjef420
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S2
Firmware Version: Android 4.0.3
Android Version: 4.0.3 ICS

Re: A few suggestion for future updates

Postby TheHardy » 03/22/2012

kevjef420 wrote:I know this is a long shot as fongo or Dell are both not avid application developers but some key features that would greatly improve the user experience.

Of course bluetooth working properly. Being unable to connect to my bluetooth stereo makes this application useless in my car as I am not incline to break the law and risk my own and the safety of others on the road just so I can take a call.

I think this would be the main one to identify, as the others are more "add-ons" or new features -- whereas fixing the gimped BT connectivity would be more of a bug-fix.

And as you correctly point out, it is also a safety issue, not to mention a legal one, as most areas within Canada now have distracted driving/handheld laws...
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126
TheHardy
***Übergod***

SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

Postby seagame2001 » 03/22/2012

Well I don't know what kinda phone do you have, but I have my iphone work in my car and Dellvoice works with bluetooth hand free here no problem at all
seagame2001
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: Groundwire
ISP Name: 3web
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Dlink-DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 5.1.1

*disclaimer*

Postby TheHardy » 03/22/2012

I am not using DV, but have seen this BT issue mentioned several times. I suppose that if I owned a smartphone, I could test it out ... however ...
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126
TheHardy
***Übergod***

SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

Postby kevjef420 » 03/22/2012

seagame2001 wrote:Well I don't know what kinda phone do you have, but I have my iphone work in my car and Dellvoice works with bluetooth hand free here no problem at all

Sounds like the bluetooth issue is localized to the Android application. I wish the problem would be worked out soon.

I am running Ice Cream Sandwich, Android 4.0.3 on my Samsung Galaxy S2 and it will not connect even though it says it is connected. I don't think the problem is directed to just my build or phone, I think it is all Android builds and phones that are experiencing this problem.
kevjef420
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S2
Firmware Version: Android 4.0.3
Android Version: 4.0.3 ICS

Postby wwelles » 03/23/2012

kevjef420 wrote:Integration with stock dialer. Some sip clients have this, what it means is you can dial from stock dialer and when you hit dial you are given option to make the call using dell voice or stock phone/wireless network.

Yes please, a thousand times this.

Not hard to do as far as I know: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4377901/android-add-my-program-to-complete-action-using-list-when-clicking-a-file-in
wwelles
One Hit Wonder

Postby tbrummell » 03/23/2012

kevjef420 wrote:
seagame2001 wrote:Well I don't know what kinda phone do you have, but I have my iphone work in my car and Dellvoice works with bluetooth hand free here no problem at all

Sounds like the bluetooth issue is localized to the Android application. I wish the problem would be worked out soon.

I am running Ice Cream Sandwich, Android 4.0.3 on my Samsung Galaxy S2 and it will not connect even though it says it is connected. I don't think the problem is directed to just my build or phone, I think it is all Android builds and phones that are experiencing this problem.

DV works fine on my rooted Captivate running 4.0.3. Not all Android devices have issues with DV.
tbrummell
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: PIAF/Mitel/PolyCom/Cisco
Firmware Version: Asterisk 1.8
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: CentOS/Windows2008/Win7/Android
Router: pfSense/Neoware thin client

Re: DV Option - stock wireless(wifi) or mobile network

Postby PopDroid » 05/01/2012

wwelles wrote:
kevjef420 wrote:Integration with stock dialer. Some sip clients have this, what it means is you can dial from stock dialer and when you hit dial you are given option to make the call using dell voice or stock phone/wireless network.

Yes please, a thousand times this.

Not hard to do as far as I know: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4377901/android-add-my-program-to-complete-action-using-list-when-clicking-a-file-in

Please! and Please!

I did just that forgetting to double and triple check the use DV to call and lost 9 minutes on a long distant call on the mobile phone costing about $4.60 and approximately 20 calls if 9 minutes call are being made by using the 4 cents connection and 2 cents per minut to ASIA somewhere like HongKong if I want to buy gel skins for the droid phones
I am sure the international long distant side of Fongo or DV would love that. bottom line calling revenue.

I thought slection or integrated dialer with selection to use either the stock wireless or wifi for DellVoice and to allow to use the mobile provider network should be a priority one.

I have dual dexterity, that my right or left thumb can reach any spot on my touch phone when the touch phone is holding by either of my hands to push that selection button that I am sure of.

I am afraid to do that unintensional or being absent minded coming out of a meeting, again and again. It is not funny, it has became a nightmare no matter how to I try to check on things, if not I will be calling my wife using DV, that her phone will be billed for incoming, due to our plan are free to each other on the same network, it is predicament now.

So, when I finally caught on this since Feb, I was delighted and brag about it alot. But now, no. I have to uninstall it tomorrow first thing.

I am happy that this DV has gether steam and momentum, but until then, I can not come up with any more excuse to use it when the bill comes, I must have lost an iphone 4S to this droid app since the start (exaggeration but getting there) or several months worth of unlimited talk long distant and local plan.

I will try again when the flexibilty is implemented. For the time being, going back to old way, gchat, and landline. At least, I won't have the anxiety after making a call especially long distant like tonight. I do have unlimited landline long distant. But now, I can't get rid of that landline and go SIP/ATA in the VOIP just yet.
PopDroid
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: n/a
Firmware Version: n/a
ISP Name: n/a
Computer OS: Mixed
Router: Mixed

Postby canfongofan » 11/08/2012

+1 Please allow the entire app to auto rotate!
canfongofan
Just Passing Thru

Return to Suggestions & Feedback