Updates/Issues/Feedback

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

Updates/Issues/Feedback

Postby franchy » 08/25/2012

Hey there, I am a new Fongo/Dell Voice user and i have a couple of things to say!

First off:

Updates:
Code: Select all
How well is the SMS feature coming along?
Will it be just like an app that send/receive SMS to other Dell Voice users (OR)
Will it be a free text service that will send/receive SMS from any phone (that is capable of SMS ect)

Is there any other features you guys going through?

Issues:
I've noticed a couple of things (WIFI ONLY/BLACKBERRY):

When making a call the BlackBerry Hourglass shows up (which isn't really a issue) before it proceeds the call.

When receiving a call (from a MagicJack unit) in the other hand the BlackBerry Hourglass shows up but stays there long enough that you end up missing the call.(Using my own MJ unit/Same internet)
When receiving a call from a cellphone with a plan the BlackBerry Hourglass shows up but you can take the call almost right away.

BOLD PART: Is it because it's the same internet? Using my own MJ unit (like stated) made me find that little issue. (I don't know if it would be the same with another person using their own MJ unit on their own internet.)

--
Let's say you have notifications for Twitter, Facebook ect set in a blackberry profile...When you're in a call and receive a notification (with sounds) from one of those social networks the sound in the call cuts off (Can't hear a thing) so you can't hear the other person on the line for a little bit (a few secs) then it comes back.
(I was able to counter that little issue by making a Blackberry Profile entitled "Dell Voice" which has all my notifications set to silent/vibration except my ringtone for Dell Voice.)

--
Sometimes when in a call, the call hangs and what i meant by that is ...the call on your hand (Dell Voice user) does a sound that prevents you from hearing anything (Seems to be similar to the issue above except you actually hear an annoying sound that completely shuts the other person you're talking to for a few secs) Then it goes back to normal ...Now what i think might be the issues are: Either high internet activity/traffic going on (OR) the wifi signal might dropping a little but it is kind of a feature that holds on to the call? ...I don't know really

Everything seems to be going pretty well so far all the features advertised are working.
The call quality is indeed "High Quality" ..feels just like a cellphone call from a plan. (When on Wifi of course)

What i would like to see is commitment ..usually does kind of apps tend to give up on "Blackberry" or promise features but they never come out and the app is left out.

Please don't let us down as far as the Blackberry goes and all other devices Iphone/Android ect.

Keep up the good work with your Dell Voice app. In hope that we see some new features/updates in the near future.
franchy
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Blackberry
Firmware Version: OS v6.0.0.723
Computer OS: Windows 7 SP1
Router: Linksys WRT54G2 V1
Smartphone Model: Blackberry BOLD 9780

Re: Updates/Issues/Feedback

Postby Bloodsong » 08/26/2012

Most routers do not like receiving it's own outgoing message. (Read up on Spanning Tree Protocol), many providers similarly don't like routing back to the originating device, again, read up on Spanning Tree Protocol :P

You almost certainly have to test with the devices on different WiFi networks.

Twitter/Social notifications: Thanks for the tip on setting up a profile, want to write a walk-through on how to set-up a profile for more novice users?

Hearing a constant noise randomly is easily explained by Wifi traffic, especially if there is more than one device on the wifi, look up "CSMA/CA" (Carrier-Sense Multiple Access with Collision Avoidance.) This is how Wifi is shared among multiple devices.

I'm glad you're having an enjoyable experience.

There are some things you can set on your home network router to maximize quality level when at home. There is little you can do for "on-the-go" quality as you're not in charge of other networks.
Bloodsong
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: Zoiper| Grandstream GXP2000
ISP Name: Tek Savvy Internet (DSL)
Computer OS: CentOS, Arch, Widows 7, AIX, AS/400
Router: Cisco ASA 5520
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy Ace Q
Android Version: 2.3.6

Return to Suggestions & Feedback