Bug report - DV interferes with regular cell calls.

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
TomGo
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Android

Bug report - DV interferes with regular cell calls.

Post by TomGo »

I'm using DV on Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.1.1.

Here is what I've observed twice.

I receive a regular cell call and start talking to someone via my Bluetooth headset. DV is running but I'm not using it.

At some point during the call I see a msg in my notification window that DV has just reconnected - just when I see that msg the Bluetooth drops out and my call switches to the handset.

I've had this problem - a cell call randomly switching from Bluetooth to the handset - a bunch of times recently and have been confused, but now I've noticed that it happens just when DV reconnects (why DV is re-connecting is a separate issue) so I believe that DV is the prime suspect.

It seems likely to me that, when it reconnects, the DV app is taking some action with regards to the phone's Bluetooth, and this is causing the problem. The app can tell that I'm in the midst of a cell call - so it shouldn't touch the Bluetooth.

Tom
TheHardy
***Übergod***
SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

Re: Bug report - DV interferes with regular cell calls.

Post by TheHardy »

Has anyone else been able to reproduce this issue? I do not have a smart phone to tinker with on this, but there was quite detailed descriptions of previous issues of DV with BT connections earlier on, and I seem to remember that not all of them were resolved... I would suspect that this is associated with the original misbehavior and has not yet been corrected in a timely bug fix/patch/work-around/kludge?
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126