Disable autostart without rooting?

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
Zadigre
Just Passing Thru
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S3
Android Version: Ics 4.0.4

Disable autostart without rooting?

Post by Zadigre »

I would like to use Dell Voice more regularly... But I don't want the app to be connected all the time.

I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII. It's not rooted and I don't want to root it.

Is there a way to disable the autostart of dell voice without logging out every time I want to close the app?
I really would like to just open the app, Connect and dial without entering my email address and password every time. And when I close the app, I don't want it to restart automatically after a reboot of the phone.

Is there a way to do this? If not, will we ever see this feature in the dell voice app?
unhappy
One Hit Wonder
SIP Device Name: samsung tab 2
Firmware Version: 4.04
ISP Name: sourcecable
Computer OS: android
Router: linksys

Re: Disable autostart without rooting?

Post by unhappy »

I am looking for this answer as well!!
qhk
One Hit Wonder

Post by qhk »

As am I.

I understand that software companies want their app front and centre all the time - however, you're not helping me when you're nuking my battery. I don't need the app running all the time. This is an obvious setting to have and it's quite unfair to force it to start every boot.
ltchest
Just Passing Thru

Post by ltchest »

I also really really want this feature added !
aesop1
Just Passing Thru
Computer OS: Windows 7

Post by aesop1 »

What works for me is to go to 'settings' and sellect 'exit'. This will stop the app from running but leaves it open for incomming calls or messages and loads when you click on the Fongo icon without having to log in. This will save battery life, yet leaves the app accessible.
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Post by bridonca »

I had to delete this app because it was chewing up my battery. I use speakout for data, and it is not VOIP friendly. Which I am OK with. However, Dell Voice barges in, give me errors that it cannot connect, and it is a pain to close when it is starting up. You call programs like that crapware. I have never seen other VOIP programs this retarded.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

Ive found my battery seems to get the life sucked out of it, but not all the time.

I'm trying to work out when, but I have a feeling it is after I miss a call. Normally it is fine, but if I have a missed call it seems to keep the app running and down goes the battery. It is definitely the DV app because if I kill it the battery lasts like it normally does, and the 'uptime' stops.
ltchest
Just Passing Thru

Post by ltchest »

aesop1 wrote:What works for me is to go to 'settings' and sellect 'exit'. This will stop the app from running but leaves it open for incomming calls or messages and loads when you click on the Fongo icon without having to log in. This will save battery life, yet leaves the app accessible.
This is what I end up doing - but it's a right royal pain in the butt. There has to be an option to disable autostart !
TomGo
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Android

Post by TomGo »

Agreed. That is a pain if you reboot frequently.

I give Dell Voice credit for making it easy to exit (some VoIP apps don't) but I hope they will take it one step further and add an option to turn off auto-start.