Forwarding SMS/integrating SMS

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
mark.davids
Just Passing Thru

Forwarding SMS/integrating SMS

Post by mark.davids »

Just a suggestion based off of my usage so far. My ability to text message using this app is amazing, but because it appears to have no forwarding option for sms, my auto responder for when I'm in class or driving does not respond to sms messages received by this app. I use a tasker/NFC tag (built into my wallet) set up to ensure it (my auto respond for SMS) is always on at the right time, but this app circumvents it all. Either having the ability to forward a text to my carrier number or (better yet) have dell voice sync my sms messages with my android system messaging app (instead of the closed environment of the Dell voice app) would be perfect. I can see numerous other benefits coming from this including have all sms messages in one place for ease and having a more seamless integration between my phone and the Dell voice app.

Thanks for all the hard work. Love this app!
pmj
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA-2100
Firmware Version: 3.3.9
ISP Name: Rogers cable
Computer OS: Various Win vers & Linux distribs
Router: Linksys WRT54GL
Smartphone Model: Samsung SGH-T989D
Android Version: 4.1.2
iOS Version: 8

Re: Forwarding SMS/integrating SMS

Post by pmj »

+1 to this request. Follow-me / forward to another cellphone looks like the right solution. Most cellphone plans seem to have free incoming texts - so one could receive a forwarded text on the cell, if urgent reply using the cellphone text plan, if not urgent reply later using the DV text plan.

I already see all voice calls in an integrated record - indeed I can't tell on which system they were received/sent.
mark.davids
Just Passing Thru

Re: Forwarding SMS/integrating SMS

Post by mark.davids »

Another thing I noticed too, is that Dell voice runs in the foreground as a perceptible app. I would love an option to force Dell voice to hide its notification tray icon and force it into the background (as that butterfly thing is always there in the tray). This would further enhance the feeling of integration with the phone.