Move app to SD card

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

Move app to SD card

Postby mohnashaat » 12/04/2012

I don't know if this issue was discussed here or not, but for users with limited internal memory smart phones, moving the apps to SD card is a very useful advantage witch is the not case for Fongo(DellVoice) app.

In my case i had to uninstall it cuz it takes a lot on memory space.
mohnashaat
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Linksys spa-3102
ISP Name: ADSL Acanac
Router: D-Link DIR-615
Smartphone Model: HTC Wildfire S

Re: Move app to SD card

Postby bridonca » 12/16/2012

Are you using a program like app2sd to move programs to SD memory? I already bought freephoneline SIP settings so I had no real need for the Dell voice client. Little things like autostarting with no way to disable it, and poor bluetooth support made me ditch the client for good, so you are going to have to let us know if app2sd will do the trick.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Postby mohnashaat » 12/17/2012

app2sd can move application that can be moved manualy by the android app manager. Do u mean that u use the SIP settings with another builtin in or installed app or on an ATA ?
mohnashaat
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Linksys spa-3102
ISP Name: ADSL Acanac
Router: D-Link DIR-615
Smartphone Model: HTC Wildfire S

Postby bridonca » 12/17/2012

mohnashaat wrote:app2sd can move application that can be moved manualy by the android app manager. Do u mean that u use the SIP settings with another builtin in or installed app or on an ATA ?

If you use Fongo's sister company, freephoneline.ca, you can get a account that offers SIP settings for $50. With SIP settings, you can use pretty much any SIP client, from phone ATA devices, to SIP soft phones, $600 polycomm phones, asterisk, the possibilities are endless. You are not stuck with an awful softphone, though you can still use that if you desire.

I am not a huge android expert, but I have a Galaxy Gio, that has a puny amount of system memory. So I do what I can to move applications to SD ram, if possible. I use app2sd for that. I do not know if app2sd can move most of the Dell voice client to SD Ram, but if it can, it frees up the phone for other applications.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Return to Suggestions & Feedback