FONGO Application - Need More Work.

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
ayoshidage
Just Passing Thru

FONGO Application - Need More Work.

Post by ayoshidage »

Hey guys,

So far the dell or fongo application needs more work into it. I love how you have alot of features. The only problem with the app is, its very slow meaning that, if your going to text someone, the box that you click for texting opens up slow and then when you do receive messages, it takes abit of time till the new messages finally appears its not instant. I have a dual core phone samsung galaxy note, and yet it runs like single core and slow downs. Also, most of the time the app freezes and your not able to close the application while in a call by pressing end. As far as calling goes, its not bad. But the UI needs alot of work to make this app more speedy, in opening and functionality wise. Im a programmer too, I do have apps and its not like this.

The integration of the dialer to direct your regular phones dialer is a neat idea, I like that, but if your going to do that, they should have done the same thing for the SMS also, that when people click on the regular dialer on their phone, and click the text button should be taken to the dell voice like it does with the dialer, because when you click the SMS button on your android dialer it opens up different action of app , but fongo doesn't come up like with the dialer as a default dialing source.

They should also add picture messaging feature where people can send you sms photos and videos, that would be neat too. Cause you cannot receive them. Only send them and thats through a URL link that it send the receiver to view the image.

And the ADS removed, maybe for a small fee of 2.00, they should have two versions the lite and the pro, where you dont have ads.

These are the main things people need in the appliction, fast responsive app, doesnt freeze or crash and features. These are my recommendations.
la111
Just Passing Thru

Re: FONGO Application - Need More Work.

Post by la111 »

I second all of this.

As someone with a very low-end phone, I want something that is fast, responsive, and reliable. This application definitely shows potential, but there needs to be lots of improvement. The app right now feels like it is in an "alpha" or "beta" stage, and I hope that the update within a few months (according to the new announcement) will fix majority of these problems!
TomGo
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Android

Post by TomGo »

And the ADS removed, maybe for a small fee of 2.00, they should have two versions the lite and the pro, where you dont have ads.
I agree with that.

I would also pay for better sound quality.

I've heard that more carriers/phones are adding support for "HD Voice". It would be nice if the Fongo app were compatible with that (I have no idea if this is possible) for improved sound quality when talking to someone on a carrier/phone that is also compatible.
zafiry89
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Galaxy Nexus

Post by zafiry89 »

The integration of the dialer to direct your regular phones dialer is a neat idea, I like that, but if your going to do that, they should have done the same thing for the SMS also, that when people click on the regular dialer on their phone, and click the text button should be taken to the dell voice like it does with the dialer, because when you click the SMS button on your android dialer it opens up different action of app , but fongo doesn't come up like with the dialer as a default dialing source.
I also agree with the original poster's suggestions. For a truly integrative and fluid experience we should be able to use Fongo as the default messaging app. It works great for calls and it will work great for texts too!

In addition, it would be great if texts in Fongo could be integrated with the default android messaging logs just like how calls can be integrated with the calling history. This way prior texts can be integrated with Fongo and new texts sent with Fongo will also appear in the default android messaging. Then everything can be in one place. Another reason for this is that there are SMS backup applications that can save your text messages but they can only work using the default android messaging. They cannot grab the texts from Fongo. Call logs are very well integrated in Fongo and it would be great if texts could be as well.

Thanks and keep up the great work.
Cheers!

PS. Love the free visual voice-mail! Thanks guys! :D