How to install Fongo on a roaming iphone

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
mohnashaat
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: Linksys spa-3102
ISP Name: ADSL Acanac
Router: D-Link DIR-615
Smartphone Model: HTC Wildfire S

How to install Fongo on a roaming iphone

Post by mohnashaat »

Hello, i have a friend that came to study in Canada, he still has his iphone with the foreign number (roaming), so i suggested to him to use Fongo as he has always wifi, but he cannot find it in the store.

Any help ?
Jake
Technical Support

Re: How to install Fongo on a roaming iphone

Post by Jake »

I believe it will only be in the Canadian iTunes store, and I would expect he is signed up to an iTunes store in another country. I'm not sure there is going to be an easy way around that.
mohnashaat
Active Poster

Post by mohnashaat »

Thank you for your reply. I am not an iphone user but what abut if he inserted a Canadian SIM card, can he install Fongo then return back to his original SIM ?
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

I don't think it has to do with the SIM card, I think it is to do with the country that his iTunes account is linked to. Apple seem very keen on locking the devices down as much as they can, and I expect they will put it down to the fact that different countries have different regulations.

I would suggest that he makes an iTunes account while in Canada, but I think he will fins that when he switches it will mess up his phone apps and his current iTunes account. If he does try this, tell him to back things up first just in case.

Android is so much easier, isn't it.
mohnashaat
Active Poster

Post by mohnashaat »

yes android is much easier, but i noticed the same thing with android, i have another cellphone with a foreign sim card, but before that it was a canadian sim card so i had Fongo already installed, but right now when i search for Fongo in the market, no results.
Madwand
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: SPA-2102
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable 100/10
Computer OS: Windows 7 Professional

Post by Madwand »

Bumps. There must be a way to download the android app while being innanother country like the UK.