freephoneline powered by fongo

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.

freephoneline powered by fongo

Postby flomar » 04/02/2014

Hi,
Recently or a while ago I bought from freephoneline.ca the voip unlock key for my no 647547XXXX.
I tried to use at my daughter place but no luck, with 2 different ata;i checked at my place where i already have an ata with another freephoneline that is working fine, still no luck. So I drew to conclusion that the both grandstream h502 and linksys pap2 are defective.
So i like to buy an ata from frephoneline to use as home phone at my daughter place. I wish to mention that with both ata the other end can hear I cannot. And same happened in both place at my home and at my daughter home. I also cannot hear when is ringing at the other end.
I have hard time to find out how to order. Please advise!
Last edited by Jake on 04/02/2014, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited phone number
flomar
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: grandstream ht502
ISP Name: rogers
Computer OS: xp
Router: belkin fsd75230-4

Re: freephoneline powered by fongo

Postby Jake » 04/02/2014

The only ATAs that FPL (Fongo) sell now are the ones with their Home Phone service. This comes with a monthly fee.

Are you sure that the ATAs are defective, it could just need setting up a little better. Fongo Support should be able to help you as they can see more about your connection when you are connected. It could just be a case of forwarding the right ports in your router.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby flomar » 04/02/2014

I played for a while with both. The problem is that the grandstream was bought from vbuzzer and never worked well, when i applied for first line with freephoneline i set both line one line for vbuzzer and one line for freephoneline, but frequently got problems. So I decided to buy a linksys pap2 and with the settings provided are working for more than 3-4 years by now with just several hiccups for the freephoneline line. Then I applied for second line and I wished to use in my daughter place with grandstream ht502; what a nightmare; never worked properly. Now this days i had some time and I played again with grandstream for the second line from freephoneline. I got it working again after 3-4 days actualy from monday i kept playing with the setting; now is working from 6-7 pm. That's why I wished to buy another ata; if they don't sell any it is ok I will buy a good linksys one like first one. Anyway thanks for reply, it would have been nice if freephoneline had done it but they are ignoring my messages. You get what you paid for.
flomar
Quiet One

Postby Jake » 04/02/2014

This is really a community run forum, it has always been like that really. There are Fongo staff (again as there always has been) that are around to help out and post official stuff, but most of the help/support comes from other users. A while back a few of us were given a special badge (like the one I have), but it didn't really give us any special powers :) I think we all still answer as we would have done.

Now the only real way to get an official answer to a question is to put in a support ticket, most questions on the forum will be responded by another forum member if they can help.

I have heard the Grandstream products are very good, but of late people seem to be drifting to the Obi products as they are very easy to set up via an online system from Obi. It could be worth looking at those.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby Fongo Support » 04/03/2014

flomar wrote:I played for a while with both. The problem is that the grandstream was bought from vbuzzer and never worked well, when i applied for first line with freephoneline i set both line one line for vbuzzer and one line for freephoneline, but frequently got problems. So I decided to buy a linksys pap2 and with the settings provided are working for more than 3-4 years by now with just several hiccups for the freephoneline line. Then I applied for second line and I wished to use in my daughter place with grandstream ht502; what a nightmare; never worked properly. Now this days i had some time and I played again with grandstream for the second line from freephoneline. I got it working again after 3-4 days actualy from monday i kept playing with the setting; now is working from 6-7 pm. That's why I wished to buy another ata; if they don't sell any it is ok I will buy a good linksys one like first one. Anyway thanks for reply, it would have been nice if freephoneline had done it but they are ignoring my messages. You get what you paid for.

Hi there,

Code: Select all
Re->Anyway thanks for reply, it would have been nice if freephoneline had done it but they are ignoring my messages. You get what you paid for.

Not sure what you mean. You opened support ticket #58540 at 5:58 PM EST and team replied to you with a solution at 6:58 PM EST (60 minutes after you've submitted the request)
As long as your device is setup following the FPL guidelines, it should be no issues.

Please take a moment o review the FPL guidelines:

http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... redentials

If there are still issues, please reply back to the ticket and support team will assist you further.

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby bridonca » 04/03/2014

flomar wrote:I played for a while with both. The problem is that the grandstream was bought from vbuzzer and never worked well, when i applied for first line with freephoneline i set both line one line for vbuzzer and one line for freephoneline, but frequently got problems. So I decided to buy a linksys pap2 and with the settings provided are working for more than 3-4 years by now with just several hiccups for the freephoneline line. Then I applied for second line and I wished to use in my daughter place with grandstream ht502; what a nightmare; never worked properly. Now this days i had some time and I played again with grandstream for the second line from freephoneline. I got it working again after 3-4 days actualy from monday i kept playing with the setting; now is working from 6-7 pm. That's why I wished to buy another ata; if they don't sell any it is ok I will buy a good linksys one like first one. Anyway thanks for reply, it would have been nice if freephoneline had done it but they are ignoring my messages. You get what you paid for.

What do you have for a router and a Modem? ATA devices are for the most part, reliable, but pretty stupid, so when they do not work, it is usually because the router is not configured properly, or is just not very good at routing packets to begin with.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Postby flomar » 04/03/2014

I am using my tablet now. Yes indeed yesterday they replied. I had a emails exchanges, and I still have to do Smth so that Cs could check what is wrong with my service. Sorry for being a bit harsh. My grandstream is working now with that settings you posted. I already posted for others on other threads, to help people. Now I have a problem with service I cannot check my voicemail using the phone line I mean*98. I cannot punch anything after the voice tell what to do. This issue is coming on and off for my other line with Linksys ata.
flomar
Quiet One

Postby flomar » 04/04/2014

Today evening Fongo support did a great job and remotely they made the proper settings to my second freephoneline with grandstream ht502. Thanks once again. All is working as it should!
flomar
Quiet One

Return to Community Support