Voicemail notification absent!?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
myamata
One Hit Wonder
SIP Device Name: Galaxy note II

Voicemail notification absent!?

Post by myamata »

I discovered fan go few days ago looks really great ,
my only concern is fango doesn't show you if you have a new voicemail message ?
There is no notification on the sceen phone and same in fongo application
do i have to call my voicemail everyday to see if I have a new message?

Or I simply missed the option somewhere.

I have a Samsung galaxy note 2, it works great to receive call on WiFi & 4G
at Montreal
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: Voicemail notification absent!?

Post by Fongo Support »

myamata wrote:I discovered fan go few days ago looks really great ,
my only concern is fango doesn't show you if you have a new voicemail message ?
There is no notification on the sceen phone and same in fongo application
do i have to call my voicemail everyday to see if I have a new message?

Or I simply missed the option somewhere.

I have a Samsung galaxy note 2, it works great to receive call on WiFi & 4G
at Montreal
Hi there,

Please refer to the FAQ's below:

http://support.fongo.com/entries/476049 ... l-Android-

http://support.fongo.com/entries/228862 ... l-settings

Thanks,
Razaali1
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: aaaa
Firmware Version: aaaa
ISP Name: aaaa
Computer OS: aaaa
Router: aaaa

Post by Razaali1 »

When using fongo would I technically be better of using a 850 Mhz 3G connection or opting for a 1700 to 2800 lte band? I know the lower you go, the stronger the connection... But the LTE speeds must help with the pings. Anyone ever gave it some thoughts/try?

Thanks!
ali
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Post by bridonca »

Razaali1 wrote:When using fongo would I technically be better of using a 850 Mhz 3G connection or opting for a 1700 to 2800 lte band? I know the lower you go, the stronger the connection... But the LTE speeds must help with the pings. Anyone ever gave it some thoughts/try?
In theory, LTE should be better than 3G when it comes to VOIP, because it is supposed to produce less latency. In reality, things are more complicated. Certain telcos introduce jitter, either purposefully or though traffic shaping. Jitter is disruptive to a favourable VOIP experience. Shockingly, if you put your 3G/LTE connection though an OpenVPN tunnel, the jitter is much reduced. Setting up an OpenVPN tunnel connection is not what I would call fun though, and it is hard on the battery.

As for using a lower frequency to improve your VOIP experience, it won't make that much of a difference. By law, cellular radio signals have to go as far as is intended, in some cases the antenna has to be detuned to limit the range. So if you can get a decent connection on the higher bands, great. But there is no real advantage using the lower bands, unless you are in a fringe area, in which case you will take what you can get.

In my area, most rural areas in Nova Scotia use only one band, 850 mhz, and that is through Bell/Telus. Rogers here is mostly 850 mhz / 1900 mhz and it's coverage is terrible, except in bigger towns and cities. Eastlink, which currently only has 1700 mhz / 2100 mhz AWS spectrum deployed, arguably worse quality spectrum than the competition, offers better and faster LTE service in most of Nova Scotia than their competition. Their secret? More towers closer together. Being a 100% LTE network does not hurt either.