Android Nexus 5 (4.4.4) other party complain sounds cut...

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
ninehundred
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Android Nexus 5
Firmware Version: 4.4.4
ISP Name: Fido (voice only)

Android Nexus 5 (4.4.4) other party complain sounds cut...

Post by ninehundred »

Hi,

I just bought a nexus 5 and transferred my account from my iPad to it. I only do calls on wifi(always a good signal, 20/10 mbits connection) different locations at least 3. I call always hear the other party well, however the other party always complain of one of the following:
1) Voice cuts
2) Noise reduction is really bad; if there is noise in the room I'm in, the other party can't hear anything.
3) My voice is distant (even with mic booster activated)

I didn't have any of those problems on the iPad.

I tried all combination of the settings and none seems to remove those problem. I currently use the following settings(they seem to be the 'best':

Use Java Audio NO
Use Low Bandwidth Codec YES
Enable Echo Canceller YES
Use Alternate Echo Canceller NO
Use Alternate Call Stream YES
Restart Audio When on Call YES

What settings do you guy use on the nexus 5? Is this a well spread problem?
I would like to go fongo only on my cell phone but it's bad enough to make me wait.

Thank you for any help!
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: Android Nexus 5 (4.4.4) other party complain sounds cut.

Post by Fongo Support »

ninehundred wrote:Hi,

I just bought a nexus 5 and transferred my account from my iPad to it. I only do calls on wifi(always a good signal, 20/10 mbits connection) different locations at least 3. I call always hear the other party well, however the other party always complain of one of the following:
1) Voice cuts
2) Noise reduction is really bad; if there is noise in the room I'm in, the other party can't hear anything.
3) My voice is distant (even with mic booster activated)

I didn't have any of those problems on the iPad.

I tried all combination of the settings and none seems to remove those problem. I currently use the following settings(they seem to be the 'best':

Use Java Audio NO
Use Low Bandwidth Codec YES
Enable Echo Canceller YES
Use Alternate Echo Canceller NO
Use Alternate Call Stream YES
Restart Audio When on Call YES

What settings do you guy use on the nexus 5? Is this a well spread problem?
I would like to go fongo only on my cell phone but it's bad enough to make me wait.

Thank you for any help!
Hi there,

The device we have in the office works very well using the configuration attached.

Please try and let me know.

regards,
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-06-14-20-49-24.png
Screenshot_2014-06-14-20-49-24.png (279.8 KiB) Viewed 9682 times
ninehundred
Just Passing Thru

Post by ninehundred »

Ok, I did 2 calls with these settings and they seemed ok. Note that I had to remove the mic boost, otherwise noise for the other party was terrible. I'll keep testing and write again in a few days. Thanks again.
ninehundred
Just Passing Thru

Post by ninehundred »

Hi

it's been quite a while since my last message, but you should be aware that I Still have the same problem.
Phone quality is good through my regular phone plan . (so the microphone is not the issue)
I tried the service on many wifi connections, (one of which is a 100/70 mbits down/up) and still got the same problem (so the issue is not wifi quality)

Again, the issue is that the other party can't hear me well, I speak either to loud, not loud enough, there is echo, sounds cuts.. name them all.
I have no problem hearing the other party: This is pretty much perfect.

I assume I'm not the only one with these issue and think you should spend some time trying to fix them since this is really what holds me back from switching to a Data only plan and use fongo for everything.

Thanks.
debrass101
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: android
ISP Name: rogers 3G
Computer OS: android
Router: dlink

Post by debrass101 »

I have the exact same problem, I did the suggested settings and not better. As a matter of fact, I hear the other party OK, but they say from their end, it is incomprehensible. So for now it is worthless as a phone line. too bad,
Android phone on 3G Rogers network in Montréal.
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Post by bridonca »

Blame Rogers, and complain loudly. Rogers is at fault here. Rogers is deliberately shaping traffic in a way that makes VOIP sound like garbage. You put the VOIP traffic through an OpenVPN tunnel, and the voice quality problems miraculously go away!
SilentBob999
Just Passing Thru

Post by SilentBob999 »

bridonca wrote:Blame Rogers, and complain loudly. Rogers is at fault here. Rogers is deliberately shaping traffic in a way that makes VOIP sound like garbage. You put the VOIP traffic through an OpenVPN tunnel, and the voice quality problems miraculously go away!
Are you sure you are talking about the same problem?

I have a Nexus5, the problem is present over Bell LTE or any WIFI (Videotron, Governement, others..). Problem is, with noise reduction most people will say that they dont heird anything most of the time and without noise reduction they have huge echo.
Depending if using headset, headphone or speaker the effect and complaint are different. I am getting less complaint from the other party if I have echo cancellation ON and if I am using the speaker phone. The heard me better but have to deal with hearing themself in echo.

Anyway, this seems to be quite specific to the nexus 5. I try fongo on other phone and never had those issue.
pinkrosi
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: ptcl
Firmware Version: 2.0
ISP Name: malik
Computer OS: windows
Router: tp link

Re: No audio incoming and outgoing

Post by pinkrosi »

it's been quite a while since my last message, but you should be aware that I Still have the same problem.
Phone quality is good through my regular phone plan . (so the microphone is not the issue)
I tried the service on many wifi connections, (one of which is a 100/70 mbits down/up) and still got the same problem (so the issue is not wifi quality)
Are you worried about Testking 640-722 dumps exam & Testking C4090-451 braindumps preparation? We offer up-to-dated madonna.edu practice questions and cse dumps with 100% exam pass guarantee of mcts training.Oakland University